A small blaze broke out in central Keighley early this morning... in a fire alarm control panel!

First published in News

A small blaze broke out in central Keighley early this morning... in a fire alarm control panel!

The incident was caused by an electrical fault, according to a Keighley Fire Station spokesman.

Watch commander Steve Moorhouse said two fire engines were called out at 2am to the flats at Kingfisher Court in East Parade.

He said the fire alarm panel was in a communal area on the ground floor of the property.

“The alarm had gone off and alerted the residents,” he said. “The panel was smouldering - there weren’t any flames, just smoke. The only damage caused was to the actual panel.

“We were there for about an hour because we fitted some smoke detectors.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree