Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting KNEWS to 80360, or email
Fire crews tackle Wilsden blaze
Shopping left on an oven hob caught fire this afternoon at a house in Wilsden.
Firefighters were called to the home in Birchlands Grove, off Harden Road, after a postal worker saw smoke.
Watch commander Steve Moorhouse, from Keighley Fire Station, said the shopping was smouldering when crews from Keighley and Shipley arrived.
He said: "The hob had been turned on by mistake, either by a cat or through being knocked by the shopping.
"We had to break through the kitchen door when we got there because the occupant had gone out."
Mr Moorhouse said the kitchen units were slightly damaged and the house suffered smoke damage.