Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting KNEWS to 80360, or email
Woman taken to hospital after Keighley house fire
A woman was taken to hospital following a fire at her home early this morning.
She was given oxygen by firefighters before being taken by ambulance to Airedale Hospital.
A fire service spokesman said the woman, who is in her 20s, suffers from a medical condition and required a precautionary check-up.
Two fire crews were initially called out to the incident, in Belgrave Road, Keighley, at 12.30am.
But when the first arrived it found the fire, which had started when papers inadvertently placed on an electric hob caught alight, was out.
A smoke alarm had activated which was heard by a neighbour, who went to help the occupant.
Damage was restricted to the hob.