Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting KNEWS to 80360, or email
Blocked chimney smoke filled Utley neighbour’s garage
3:20pm Thursday 24th October 2013 in News
Firefighters were called after smoke from a blocked chimney filled a neighbouring garage in Utley on Saturday.
The smoke had forced its way through brickwork at the garage in Ferncliffe Drive at about 3pm.
A spokesman for Keighley fire station said “detective work” was needed to figure out where the smoke was coming from after someone called 999, thinking their garage was on fire.
Smoke seeped out of cracks in the chimney breast, filled the loft and was then forced through the brickwork of the detached house and its neighbouring property, filling the garage of the house next door.