Keighley firefighters have taken part in further strike action as part of a national dispute over pensions.
Members of the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) walked out for six hours on New Year’s Eve and for two hours – from 6.30am – on Friday.
The strikes were the latest in a series staged since September by the FBU, which is fighting plans to increase employee pensions contributions and impose a pension age of 60.
FBU spokesman, Matt Wrack, said: “These strikes will remind government just how reliant they are on our members’ professionalism, commitment and flexibility.”
Brigade bosses said contingency plans had been successfully implemented during the walkouts.
During the New Year’s Eve strike, temporary crews attended 18 incidents across West Yorkshire, none of which were in Keighley.
Just less than half the county’s normal fleet of 54 fire engines were in operation.
Only two incidents occurred, in Mirfield and Hawksworth, during Friday’s action.
Chief Fire Officer, Simon Pilling, thanked the public for being extra vigilant and careful in the periods of reduced cover.