Heartbroken family of a woman who died after plunging from a Keighley multi-storey car park have described her as “a very special person”.

A member of Lorna Clymo’s family this week told how the professional carer was devoted to both her family and her elderly clients.

She said Lorna, 42, of North Street, Haworth, had a “loving, caring nature that was reflected in both her home and work life”. The woman, who asked not be named, added: “Lorna was a very special person, with a radiant smile.

“She was popular and well liked by everyone who knew her. She will be sadly missed.”

Tributes from friends and family poured into Lorna’s Facebook page this week after she died in the tragic incident at the weekend.

Lorna’s partner, Mark Feather, writing on his own Facebook page, described her as his “gorgeous little soulmate”.

Police and paramedics were called on Saturday after Lorna was discovered in Hanover Street, beneath the Airedale Shopping Centre car park, at about 7.20am. She suffered serious head injuries in the incident, and died soon after being taken to Leeds General Infirmary.

Hanover Street was cordoned off at both ends by police until about 10am.

Lorna, a former Greenhead Grammar School student, worked at Elmar HomeCare and had a son, Josh. She also leaves behind a brother, Tony, and sister, Sharon.

Lord Mayor of Bradford Coun Khadim Hussain, whose Keighley Central ward includes the scene of the incident, said his thoughts are with Lorna’s family.

He added: “Any loss of life is a sad loss, and when it happens in this way, it’s more traumatic.

“I would like to offer my sympathies and heartfelt condolences to the family, and I hope they can cope with this tragedy.”

Town centre traders also expressed their sadness at what had happened.

Airedale Shopping Centre manager, Steve Seymour, said: “Our thoughts are with the family and friends at this time.”

He confirmed there had been an incident on the top level of the centre’s car park on Saturday.

Mr Seymour added: “The emergency services were contacted immediately and attended Hanover Street to manage the incident.

“The centre is working with the police on the investigation.”

Staff at shops in Hanover Street, including Pound Converters, said they were unable to reach work until 10am when police reopened the road.

A member of staff at games shop Play FX said: “We didn’t know what had happened until later. It’s sad news and really unfortunate.”

Inspector Carlton Young, from West Yorkshire Police, said an ambulance had taken Lorna to Leeds General Infirmary, where she had died a short time later.

He said there were no suspicious circumstances. An inquest is due to open today into the Lorna’s death.