Keighley fire chiefs urging cooks to take care

Keighley News: Keighley fire chiefs urging cooks to take care Keighley fire chiefs urging cooks to take care

Fire chiefs are urging householders to be vigilant when cooking following two incidents in Keighley.

Firefighters were called to a pan fire at a house in Winterburn Street at 12.25pm on Monday.

The blaze was out when they arrived, but a woman in her 70s had to be taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

And less than four hours later, a crew attended an address in Brigg Gardens, where fumes from cooking had filled the property. A woman in her 60s was given oxygen and checked over by paramedics.

Keighley Fire Station commander Mark Helliwell said: “I would like to send out the message that people should be vigilant when cooking and ensure they do not get distracted.

“Be safe in the kitchen and do not get engaged in other tasks while using cooking appliances.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree