Keighley Council Tax rise less than feared

Keighley News: Coun Sally Walker Coun Sally Walker

Keighley Town Council’s precept for 2014/15 will go up by just 1.79 per cent despite fears of a record-breaking hike earlier this year.

The council accepted the rise in a named vote, with 14 voting in favour, nine against and two abstaining.

Earlier in last Thursday’s debate, finance committee chairman Councillor John Phillip explained the previous proposal for a 2.66 per cent rise had been revised downwards because the council’s allotments and landscapes committee had reduced its own budget by £4,000.

The 1.79 per cent decision contrasts sharply with the controversial, record rise of 72.6 per cent for the 2013/14 town council precept.

And late last year, Keighley’s mayor, Councillor Sally Walker, warned ratepayers to brace themselves for a potentially severe impact on the precept for 2014/15.

But the smaller increase agreed last week means households in the benchmark band D category will pay £42.69 – just 75p more than last year. Most Keighley homes will pay less, as they fall in the cheaper A, B and C bands.

Coun Phillip had warned fellow councillors the proposed budget had not been agreed by the finance committee, and that it would be up to the full council to reach a decision that night.

Watch and transport committee chairman Coun Graham Mitchell said he would be happy to support a 1.79 per cent rise.

“All around the country, parishes are proposing huge precepts,” he pointed out. “They are doing this year what Keighley Town Council did last year, and doing so for the same reason – they have to increase their resources and they are afraid of what their primary authority is going to do.”

Coun Geraldine Stack said: “I think the precept rise should be set at zero. We got enough last year – 1.79 per cent is not a lot, but it’s still an increase, and we should be trying to make cutbacks.”

However, councillors Peter Corkindale and Tony Wright both spoke in favour of the proposal.

Coun Corkindale said the recommended increase would allow for a sustainable budget. He added that because of inflation, the small rise would effectively amount to a “standstill” budget.

Comments (44)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:42am Fri 14 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

Councillor Dicky Mitchell says-
“All around the country, parishes are proposing huge precepts,” he pointed out. “They are doing this year what Keighley Town Council did last year, and doing so for the same reason – they have to increase their resources and they are afraid of what their primary authority is going to do.”

There are also many Parish councils who will have a 0% increase in their Precept amounts this year.
This should be the norm for most Parish Councils as the Government has once again offered Financial Support to Councils to keep Council Tax down.
For Example this year Keighley Town council will not only receive well in excess of 1/2 a million pounds from the pockets of the People of Keighley but it will also receive from BDMC £117,703, an increase of £10,183 from last year.
A lot of money all round for a Parish council which is essentially solely responsible for Allotments.
The vast amount of money puts KTC into an Elite group of Town and Parish councils. Out of about 10,000 councils only 1% extract over 1/2 a million from the people they are supposed to serve.
So here are some questions for councillor Dicky Mitchell to answer-
1. How much of this vast amount will go on servicing the debts of the Civic Centre?
2. How much will go on salaries for the increasing number of staff at the council?
3. How much will go on expenses for councillors?
4. And last of all, which is where Keighley Town council believes they should be, how much will be spent on the Town and People of Keighley?

Here's a clue Dicky, they are probably already in the correct order and the percentage for the Town and People will probably amount to about 12% of the total budget as it has done this year.

What an utter disgrace.
Councillor Dicky Mitchell says- “All around the country, parishes are proposing huge precepts,” he pointed out. “They are doing this year what Keighley Town Council did last year, and doing so for the same reason – they have to increase their resources and they are afraid of what their primary authority is going to do.” There are also many Parish councils who will have a 0% increase in their Precept amounts this year. This should be the norm for most Parish Councils as the Government has once again offered Financial Support to Councils to keep Council Tax down. For Example this year Keighley Town council will not only receive well in excess of 1/2 a million pounds from the pockets of the People of Keighley but it will also receive from BDMC £117,703, an increase of £10,183 from last year. A lot of money all round for a Parish council which is essentially solely responsible for Allotments. The vast amount of money puts KTC into an Elite group of Town and Parish councils. Out of about 10,000 councils only 1% extract over 1/2 a million from the people they are supposed to serve. So here are some questions for councillor Dicky Mitchell to answer- 1. How much of this vast amount will go on servicing the debts of the Civic Centre? 2. How much will go on salaries for the increasing number of staff at the council? 3. How much will go on expenses for councillors? 4. And last of all, which is where Keighley Town council believes they should be, how much will be spent on the Town and People of Keighley? Here's a clue Dicky, they are probably already in the correct order and the percentage for the Town and People will probably amount to about 12% of the total budget as it has done this year. What an utter disgrace. Always a 708 Skinhead

7:46am Fri 14 Feb 14

Elizabeth Mitchell says...

The hapless, 'scaremongering' mayor , Sally Walker, only weeks ago threatened a huge hike in the precept when she knew it was to be just over 1%.

I agree it is confusing, because no one in that council abides by its own financial regulations , especially those relating to the budget process. The finance committee, with the exception of the mayor and one other, refused to even recommend a rise to full council because the process hadn't been followed.

If committees had had to put in budget bids, together with details of how they had arrived at their figures, the budget would have been much, much less. But they pluck figures from thin air, knowing you and I will have to pay

We have Dick Mitchell saying his committee can give money back. We had Morris deciding three weeks ago at the EGM, he could shave £25,000 off his budget only to renege on his promise and gave only £4,000 back at full council. If Corkingdale had not given staff a 10% pay rises and decided not to buy yet more indoor Civic Centre Christmas lights he could have shaved a bit more off.

Over £250,000 of our money is being used to prop up a building, full of highly paid people, that serve(s) no purpose either as a business or an amenity. Central Hall has all the amenities of the civic centre, so we pay to duplicate effort.

'Coun Geraldine Stack said: “I think the precept rise should be set at zero. We got enough last year – 1.79 per cent is not a lot, but it’s still an increase, and we should be trying to make cutbacks.” '

Now here is a Councillor who is truly for the people of her ward and for Keighley
The hapless, 'scaremongering' mayor , Sally Walker, only weeks ago threatened a huge hike in the precept when she knew it was to be just over 1%. I agree it is confusing, because no one in that council abides by its own financial regulations , especially those relating to the budget process. The finance committee, with the exception of the mayor and one other, refused to even recommend a rise to full council because the process hadn't been followed. If committees had had to put in budget bids, together with details of how they had arrived at their figures, the budget would have been much, much less. But they pluck figures from thin air, knowing you and I will have to pay We have Dick Mitchell saying his committee can give money back. We had Morris deciding three weeks ago at the EGM, he could shave £25,000 off his budget only to renege on his promise and gave only £4,000 back at full council. If Corkingdale had not given staff a 10% pay rises and decided not to buy yet more indoor Civic Centre Christmas lights he could have shaved a bit more off. Over £250,000 of our money is being used to prop up a building, full of highly paid people, that serve(s) no purpose either as a business or an amenity. Central Hall has all the amenities of the civic centre, so we pay to duplicate effort. 'Coun Geraldine Stack said: “I think the precept rise should be set at zero. We got enough last year – 1.79 per cent is not a lot, but it’s still an increase, and we should be trying to make cutbacks.” ' Now here is a Councillor who is truly for the people of her ward and for Keighley Elizabeth Mitchell

8:05am Fri 14 Feb 14

OUT WITH CAVETOWN says...

Rothbury Parish Council
to increase precept by 132 per cent
Rothbury Parish Council to increase precept by 132 per cent OUT WITH CAVETOWN

8:15am Fri 14 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

What it your point Out With Cavetown?
From the Northumberland Gavette regarding the Rothbury Precept rise-
But Coun Brian Hesler was not in favour of the increase. He said: “Many people are struggling financially at the moment.

“Some people won’t be able to afford it.

“We have got a large ageing population in the area and I have a big concern about increasing it.

“I think it is far too much and I think it will be highly criticised by the electorate.”
What it your point Out With Cavetown? From the Northumberland Gavette regarding the Rothbury Precept rise- But Coun Brian Hesler was not in favour of the increase. He said: “Many people are struggling financially at the moment. “Some people won’t be able to afford it. “We have got a large ageing population in the area and I have a big concern about increasing it. “I think it is far too much and I think it will be highly criticised by the electorate.” Always a 708 Skinhead

8:25am Fri 14 Feb 14

Ian-Holt Roberts says...

OUT WITH CAVETOWN wrote:
Rothbury Parish Council
to increase precept by 132 per cent
have you got your figures right this time morris you indicated Portland showing an increase of %1000.later identified as under %2 .you really are a clown .
[quote][p][bold]OUT WITH CAVETOWN[/bold] wrote: Rothbury Parish Council to increase precept by 132 per cent[/p][/quote]have you got your figures right this time morris you indicated Portland showing an increase of %1000.later identified as under %2 .you really are a clown . Ian-Holt Roberts

9:30am Fri 14 Feb 14

Graham Forsyth says...

Cllr Mitchell
“All around the country, parishes are proposing huge precepts,” he pointed out. “They are doing this year what Keighley Town Council did last year, and doing so for the same reason

So are parishes all around the county setting `huge` precept rises because they need to use 48% of that rise to help bail out their loss making civic centres?

Tick Tock
Cllr Mitchell “All around the country, parishes are proposing huge precepts,” he pointed out. “They are doing this year what Keighley Town Council did last year, and doing so for the same reason So are parishes all around the county setting `huge` precept rises because they need to use 48% of that rise to help bail out their loss making civic centres? Tick Tock Graham Forsyth

4:42pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

1.79% rise despite the CaveDwellers scaremongering earler this year
1.79% rise despite the CaveDwellers scaremongering earler this year Little Green Man

6:35pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Graham Forsyth says...

You appear to have a short memory LGM because the mayor, Cllr Sally Walker was warning Keighley parishioners of this.

K.N. 19th December 2013
"Keighley ratepayers have been warned to brace themselves for what could be a second consecutive record-breaking tax hike."
"Keighley Mayor Councillor Sally Walker revealed it faces additional losses of up to £73,541 due to Government funding changes and the behaviour of a campaign group."

So it was not Cavetown scaremongering, as the warning came from KTC. And the attempt to blame a campaign group for the additional costs did not work either as the same report stated:

"But the announcement has been met with widespread criticism."

“Dealing with challenges from the public is part of democracy. To suggest responding to extra e-mails will lead to an increase of £50,000 on its base budget demonstrates how utterly dysfunctional Keighley Town Council has become."
You appear to have a short memory LGM because the mayor, Cllr Sally Walker was warning Keighley parishioners of this. K.N. 19th December 2013 "Keighley ratepayers have been warned to brace themselves for what could be a second consecutive record-breaking tax hike." "Keighley Mayor Councillor Sally Walker revealed it faces additional losses of up to £73,541 due to Government funding changes and the behaviour of a campaign group." So it was not Cavetown scaremongering, as the warning came from KTC. And the attempt to blame a campaign group for the additional costs did not work either as the same report stated: "But the announcement has been met with widespread criticism." “Dealing with challenges from the public is part of democracy. To suggest responding to extra e-mails will lead to an increase of £50,000 on its base budget demonstrates how utterly dysfunctional Keighley Town Council has become." Graham Forsyth

7:01pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

Graham Forsyth wrote:
You appear to have a short memory LGM because the mayor, Cllr Sally Walker was warning Keighley parishioners of this.

K.N. 19th December 2013
"Keighley ratepayers have been warned to brace themselves for what could be a second consecutive record-breaking tax hike."
"Keighley Mayor Councillor Sally Walker revealed it faces additional losses of up to £73,541 due to Government funding changes and the behaviour of a campaign group."

So it was not Cavetown scaremongering, as the warning came from KTC. And the attempt to blame a campaign group for the additional costs did not work either as the same report stated:

"But the announcement has been met with widespread criticism."

“Dealing with challenges from the public is part of democracy. To suggest responding to extra e-mails will lead to an increase of £50,000 on its base budget demonstrates how utterly dysfunctional Keighley Town Council has become."
I think you need the senility test Graham:-

"My predictions for 'mid march at the latest' are an increase in excess of 47% taking the amount extracted from the People of the Town to exceed the £1 million figure and still no signs of a profit generated by the Civic Centre.
I sincerely hope I am proven very much wrong on this one.
Or that the Local Audit & Accountability Bill passes in time to impose a cap on the Precept which triggers approval by a Public Referendum if it is exceeded.

Cavendo tutus

Simon Mitchell"

From you very own Fuhrer no less - by way Simone is Cavendo latin for 'I like wearing'?
[quote][p][bold]Graham Forsyth[/bold] wrote: You appear to have a short memory LGM because the mayor, Cllr Sally Walker was warning Keighley parishioners of this. K.N. 19th December 2013 "Keighley ratepayers have been warned to brace themselves for what could be a second consecutive record-breaking tax hike." "Keighley Mayor Councillor Sally Walker revealed it faces additional losses of up to £73,541 due to Government funding changes and the behaviour of a campaign group." So it was not Cavetown scaremongering, as the warning came from KTC. And the attempt to blame a campaign group for the additional costs did not work either as the same report stated: "But the announcement has been met with widespread criticism." “Dealing with challenges from the public is part of democracy. To suggest responding to extra e-mails will lead to an increase of £50,000 on its base budget demonstrates how utterly dysfunctional Keighley Town Council has become."[/p][/quote]I think you need the senility test Graham:- "My predictions for 'mid march at the latest' are an increase in excess of 47% taking the amount extracted from the People of the Town to exceed the £1 million figure and still no signs of a profit generated by the Civic Centre. I sincerely hope I am proven very much wrong on this one. Or that the Local Audit & Accountability Bill passes in time to impose a cap on the Precept which triggers approval by a Public Referendum if it is exceeded. Cavendo tutus Simon Mitchell" From you very own Fuhrer no less - by way Simone is Cavendo latin for 'I like wearing'? Little Green Man

9:08pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Graham Forsyth says...

As I have just replied to you covering this same issue on another blog I will use it here as well.

Yes LGM, and that was based upon what the K.N news item said, which I repeat .

"Keighley ratepayers have been warned to brace themselves for what could be a second consecutive record-breaking tax hike."

The last one was 72.6%, so what would anyone be expecting from a "second consecutive record-breaking tax hike." ? And it was a `prediction`, not a statement of fact.


Tick Tock
As I have just replied to you covering this same issue on another blog I will use it here as well. Yes LGM, and that was based upon what the K.N news item said, which I repeat . "Keighley ratepayers have been warned to brace themselves for what could be a second consecutive record-breaking tax hike." The last one was 72.6%, so what would anyone be expecting from a "second consecutive record-breaking tax hike." ? And it was a `prediction`, not a statement of fact. Tick Tock Graham Forsyth

12:55am Sat 15 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

LGM writes-

"My predictions for 'mid march at the latest' are an increase in excess of 47% taking the amount extracted from the People of the Town to exceed the £1 million figure and still no signs of a profit generated by the Civic Centre.
I sincerely hope I am proven very much wrong on this one.
Or that the Local Audit & Accountability Bill passes in time to impose a cap on the Precept which triggers approval by a Public Referendum if it is exceeded.
Cavendo tutus
Simon Mitchell"


You have quoted my suggestions as to just what the words of the mayor Sally Walker might of meant when she suggested a record breaking Precept Rise.
Well done. This shows you are paying attention.
Since Silly Sally said this in December 2013 we have had many figures thrown around by members of the council, here's one from the EGM on the 22nd Jan 2014-
Councillor Philip presented his draft budget and said in view of the deferment of the two resolutions he would now have to increase the budget by 6.28%
That the council finally decided to play it safe and settle on a percentage that is below any threshold that the Government may impose retrospectively is a display of the concern KTC has for it's future.

Interesting that you are not pointing your finger at those responsible for creating such confusion and speculation around the Precept rise.
This says alot about your true intentions on these threads while hiding your identity.

Cavendo Tutus
Simon
LGM writes- "My predictions for 'mid march at the latest' are an increase in excess of 47% taking the amount extracted from the People of the Town to exceed the £1 million figure and still no signs of a profit generated by the Civic Centre. I sincerely hope I am proven very much wrong on this one. Or that the Local Audit & Accountability Bill passes in time to impose a cap on the Precept which triggers approval by a Public Referendum if it is exceeded. Cavendo tutus Simon Mitchell" You have quoted my suggestions as to just what the words of the mayor Sally Walker might of meant when she suggested a record breaking Precept Rise. Well done. This shows you are paying attention. Since Silly Sally said this in December 2013 we have had many figures thrown around by members of the council, here's one from the EGM on the 22nd Jan 2014- Councillor Philip presented his draft budget and said in view of the deferment of the two resolutions he would now have to increase the budget by 6.28% That the council finally decided to play it safe and settle on a percentage that is below any threshold that the Government may impose retrospectively is a display of the concern KTC has for it's future. Interesting that you are not pointing your finger at those responsible for creating such confusion and speculation around the Precept rise. This says alot about your true intentions on these threads while hiding your identity. Cavendo Tutus Simon Always a 708 Skinhead

1:11am Sat 15 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

LGM writes-
From you very own Fuhrer no less - by way Simone is Cavendo latin for 'I like wearing'?"

Great work LGM, you have used the same tactics as councillors Wright and Morris and compared me to a Nazi.
A wise choice by you to keep your real identity hidden.

it is interesting that the only people commenting on these threads who defend the actions of the council are people such as yourself LGM and Kingchaser.
Both people who claim to live miles away from Keighley and have nothing to do with KTC.
Yet here we all are, discussing the issue of the disgraceful actions of KTC and the only people who jump in to defend the council are people who claim to have nothing to do with KTC. No admissions from any of the anti Cavetown Brigade that they are indeed serving councillors, yet if this statement is an honest one, where are all the comments from the council?
Are we to believe that no one commenting on these threads, attempting to discredit Cavetown, posting false and misleading information about the Civic Centre, producing inaccurate figures, is actually a councillor.
Using the principle of Occam's Razor this is not the most likely scenario.
The most likely hypothesis is one where serving councillors use these threads to push their propaganda while hiding their identity.
Whether you are indeed one of these people is of little consequence LGM.
Your continued presence, throwing cowardly insults such as your Nazi reference (so similar to Wright and Morris), making dangerously criminal statements and in general defending the indefensible does cast you in the light as a KTC sympathiser whatever the reality might be.
So keep up the good work for your commandant LGM.
Servitude suits you.

Tick Tock
LGM writes- From you very own Fuhrer no less - by way Simone is Cavendo latin for 'I like wearing'?" Great work LGM, you have used the same tactics as councillors Wright and Morris and compared me to a Nazi. A wise choice by you to keep your real identity hidden. it is interesting that the only people commenting on these threads who defend the actions of the council are people such as yourself LGM and Kingchaser. Both people who claim to live miles away from Keighley and have nothing to do with KTC. Yet here we all are, discussing the issue of the disgraceful actions of KTC and the only people who jump in to defend the council are people who claim to have nothing to do with KTC. No admissions from any of the anti Cavetown Brigade that they are indeed serving councillors, yet if this statement is an honest one, where are all the comments from the council? Are we to believe that no one commenting on these threads, attempting to discredit Cavetown, posting false and misleading information about the Civic Centre, producing inaccurate figures, is actually a councillor. Using the principle of Occam's Razor this is not the most likely scenario. The most likely hypothesis is one where serving councillors use these threads to push their propaganda while hiding their identity. Whether you are indeed one of these people is of little consequence LGM. Your continued presence, throwing cowardly insults such as your Nazi reference (so similar to Wright and Morris), making dangerously criminal statements and in general defending the indefensible does cast you in the light as a KTC sympathiser whatever the reality might be. So keep up the good work for your commandant LGM. Servitude suits you. Tick Tock Always a 708 Skinhead

2:51pm Sat 15 Feb 14

samuels david says...

Simon Mitchell and all members of the public. Please let me reiterate once again to the liars within the KTC hierarchy, and to Mark Curtis, LGM, sidekick, jimmy k and those others who are seemingly not able to understand the simplicity of what was said by me and a few other KT Councillors at the time of the idea of creating the Civic Centre, which was basically as follows.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS AN ECCONOMIC SHUTDOWN LOOMING. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PROCEED WITH THIS MAD IDEA OF SPENDING RATEPAYERS MONEY ON BUYING AND RENOVATING THE OLD POLICE HEADQUARTERS IN NORTH STREET. KEIGHLEY TOWN COUNCIL HAS NOT YET ACGUIRED A BODY OF BUSINESS SAVY PERSONNEL TO CARRY OUT A PROJECT OF THIS SIZE.

The answer I received from the arrogant hierarchy was that I was spat upon, ridiculed and sent emails of a racist nature. As the project proceeded some of those who had initially voted for the scheme suspected they’d been given facts and figures of a somewhat dubious nature and were verbally abused and in one instant was, I understand, physically intimidated when he persistently asked more questions regarding the financial aspects of the Civic Centre.
No financial information of quality was made available to the dissenters of the project, thus creating a lack of information which necessitated the use of the Freedom Of Information Act to gain access to facts and figures of the situation, not only of the Civic Centre project but the now ever overall rising cost that was being incurred by the now perceived inept KTC.
The majority of these FIA request were either totally ignored, or were so basic that they had to be resubmitted or in one case of mine, falsified.
Why was it continued? In my opinion the ego of those who had proposed the idea was not to be denied. A self employed advertising salesman, Allen Parry, was promoted to be the self employed Project Officer, on what I and others thought was a high basic priced contract. My FIA request on Mr. Parry’s contract was totally ignored, however I’m given to understand that the financially substantial contact was never reviewed or revoked.

It is a lie that no support was ever offered to KTC by councillors. Any support offered was refused unless those offering support completely complied with the doctrinarian dictates’ of the hierarchy who had basically taken charge of the Council. No financial analysis of the Civic Centre was ever offered for debate. Graham Mitchell, in what I can only describe as the most arrogant reply, 18/10/07, to a letter I had sent to him requesting to meet and offering support refused the meeting unless, as stated, I and others capitulated.

Get your facts right, even if it’s only for once KTC!

David Samuels
Simon Mitchell and all members of the public. Please let me reiterate once again to the liars within the KTC hierarchy, and to Mark Curtis, LGM, sidekick, jimmy k and those others who are seemingly not able to understand the simplicity of what was said by me and a few other KT Councillors at the time of the idea of creating the Civic Centre, which was basically as follows. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS AN ECCONOMIC SHUTDOWN LOOMING. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PROCEED WITH THIS MAD IDEA OF SPENDING RATEPAYERS MONEY ON BUYING AND RENOVATING THE OLD POLICE HEADQUARTERS IN NORTH STREET. KEIGHLEY TOWN COUNCIL HAS NOT YET ACGUIRED A BODY OF BUSINESS SAVY PERSONNEL TO CARRY OUT A PROJECT OF THIS SIZE. The answer I received from the arrogant hierarchy was that I was spat upon, ridiculed and sent emails of a racist nature. As the project proceeded some of those who had initially voted for the scheme suspected they’d been given facts and figures of a somewhat dubious nature and were verbally abused and in one instant was, I understand, physically intimidated when he persistently asked more questions regarding the financial aspects of the Civic Centre. No financial information of quality was made available to the dissenters of the project, thus creating a lack of information which necessitated the use of the Freedom Of Information Act to gain access to facts and figures of the situation, not only of the Civic Centre project but the now ever overall rising cost that was being incurred by the now perceived inept KTC. The majority of these FIA request were either totally ignored, or were so basic that they had to be resubmitted or in one case of mine, falsified. Why was it continued? In my opinion the ego of those who had proposed the idea was not to be denied. A self employed advertising salesman, Allen Parry, was promoted to be the self employed Project Officer, on what I and others thought was a high basic priced contract. My FIA request on Mr. Parry’s contract was totally ignored, however I’m given to understand that the financially substantial contact was never reviewed or revoked. It is a lie that no support was ever offered to KTC by councillors. Any support offered was refused unless those offering support completely complied with the doctrinarian dictates’ of the hierarchy who had basically taken charge of the Council. No financial analysis of the Civic Centre was ever offered for debate. Graham Mitchell, in what I can only describe as the most arrogant reply, 18/10/07, to a letter I had sent to him requesting to meet and offering support refused the meeting unless, as stated, I and others capitulated. Get your facts right, even if it’s only for once KTC! David Samuels samuels david

3:31pm Sat 15 Feb 14

OUT WITH CAVETOWN says...

No4Skin
"it is interesting that the only people commenting on these threads who defend the actions of the council are people such as yourself LGM and Kingchaser.
Both people who claim to live miles away from Keighley and have nothing to do with KTC."


And where do you live NO4Skin?.
No4Skin "it is interesting that the only people commenting on these threads who defend the actions of the council are people such as yourself LGM and Kingchaser. Both people who claim to live miles away from Keighley and have nothing to do with KTC." And where do you live NO4Skin?. OUT WITH CAVETOWN

8:44pm Sat 15 Feb 14

Ian-Holt Roberts says...

OUT WITH CAVETOWN wrote:
No4Skin
"it is interesting that the only people commenting on these threads who defend the actions of the council are people such as yourself LGM and Kingchaser.
Both people who claim to live miles away from Keighley and have nothing to do with KTC."


And where do you live NO4Skin?.
Morris the comments you make on these threads are like a broken pencil pointless
[quote][p][bold]OUT WITH CAVETOWN[/bold] wrote: No4Skin "it is interesting that the only people commenting on these threads who defend the actions of the council are people such as yourself LGM and Kingchaser. Both people who claim to live miles away from Keighley and have nothing to do with KTC." And where do you live NO4Skin?.[/p][/quote]Morris the comments you make on these threads are like a broken pencil pointless Ian-Holt Roberts

11:40pm Sat 15 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

OUT WITH CAVETOWN wrote:
No4Skin
"it is interesting that the only people commenting on these threads who defend the actions of the council are people such as yourself LGM and Kingchaser.
Both people who claim to live miles away from Keighley and have nothing to do with KTC."


And where do you live NO4Skin?.
I think you will find I have never defended the council...
[quote][p][bold]OUT WITH CAVETOWN[/bold] wrote: No4Skin "it is interesting that the only people commenting on these threads who defend the actions of the council are people such as yourself LGM and Kingchaser. Both people who claim to live miles away from Keighley and have nothing to do with KTC." And where do you live NO4Skin?.[/p][/quote]I think you will find I have never defended the council... Little Green Man

11:41pm Sat 15 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

Always a 708 Skinhead wrote:
LGM writes-
From you very own Fuhrer no less - by way Simone is Cavendo latin for 'I like wearing'?"

Great work LGM, you have used the same tactics as councillors Wright and Morris and compared me to a Nazi.
A wise choice by you to keep your real identity hidden.

it is interesting that the only people commenting on these threads who defend the actions of the council are people such as yourself LGM and Kingchaser.
Both people who claim to live miles away from Keighley and have nothing to do with KTC.
Yet here we all are, discussing the issue of the disgraceful actions of KTC and the only people who jump in to defend the council are people who claim to have nothing to do with KTC. No admissions from any of the anti Cavetown Brigade that they are indeed serving councillors, yet if this statement is an honest one, where are all the comments from the council?
Are we to believe that no one commenting on these threads, attempting to discredit Cavetown, posting false and misleading information about the Civic Centre, producing inaccurate figures, is actually a councillor.
Using the principle of Occam's Razor this is not the most likely scenario.
The most likely hypothesis is one where serving councillors use these threads to push their propaganda while hiding their identity.
Whether you are indeed one of these people is of little consequence LGM.
Your continued presence, throwing cowardly insults such as your Nazi reference (so similar to Wright and Morris), making dangerously criminal statements and in general defending the indefensible does cast you in the light as a KTC sympathiser whatever the reality might be.
So keep up the good work for your commandant LGM.
Servitude suits you.

Tick Tock
lol Simone - didn't take long to draw you out did it :)
[quote][p][bold]Always a 708 Skinhead[/bold] wrote: LGM writes- From you very own Fuhrer no less - by way Simone is Cavendo latin for 'I like wearing'?" Great work LGM, you have used the same tactics as councillors Wright and Morris and compared me to a Nazi. A wise choice by you to keep your real identity hidden. it is interesting that the only people commenting on these threads who defend the actions of the council are people such as yourself LGM and Kingchaser. Both people who claim to live miles away from Keighley and have nothing to do with KTC. Yet here we all are, discussing the issue of the disgraceful actions of KTC and the only people who jump in to defend the council are people who claim to have nothing to do with KTC. No admissions from any of the anti Cavetown Brigade that they are indeed serving councillors, yet if this statement is an honest one, where are all the comments from the council? Are we to believe that no one commenting on these threads, attempting to discredit Cavetown, posting false and misleading information about the Civic Centre, producing inaccurate figures, is actually a councillor. Using the principle of Occam's Razor this is not the most likely scenario. The most likely hypothesis is one where serving councillors use these threads to push their propaganda while hiding their identity. Whether you are indeed one of these people is of little consequence LGM. Your continued presence, throwing cowardly insults such as your Nazi reference (so similar to Wright and Morris), making dangerously criminal statements and in general defending the indefensible does cast you in the light as a KTC sympathiser whatever the reality might be. So keep up the good work for your commandant LGM. Servitude suits you. Tick Tock[/p][/quote]lol Simone - didn't take long to draw you out did it :) Little Green Man

11:42pm Sat 15 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

Graham Forsyth wrote:
As I have just replied to you covering this same issue on another blog I will use it here as well.

Yes LGM, and that was based upon what the K.N news item said, which I repeat .

"Keighley ratepayers have been warned to brace themselves for what could be a second consecutive record-breaking tax hike."

The last one was 72.6%, so what would anyone be expecting from a "second consecutive record-breaking tax hike." ? And it was a `prediction`, not a statement of fact.


Tick Tock
Prediction = Scaremongering
[quote][p][bold]Graham Forsyth[/bold] wrote: As I have just replied to you covering this same issue on another blog I will use it here as well. Yes LGM, and that was based upon what the K.N news item said, which I repeat . "Keighley ratepayers have been warned to brace themselves for what could be a second consecutive record-breaking tax hike." The last one was 72.6%, so what would anyone be expecting from a "second consecutive record-breaking tax hike." ? And it was a `prediction`, not a statement of fact. Tick Tock[/p][/quote]Prediction = Scaremongering Little Green Man

6:18am Sun 16 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

LGM says-
"Prediction = Scaremongering"

You are right LGM. Silly Sally's comments certainly were scaremongering.
Predictions about a record breaking rise in the precept has certainly proven to be an unnecessary scaremongering tactic.
I wonder if my own analysis of what these words might possibly of meant, along with the many emails sent to councillors by myself and others might have anything to do with ensuring that the scaremongering words of Silly Sally Walker were proven to be incorrect.
LGM says- "Prediction = Scaremongering" You are right LGM. Silly Sally's comments certainly were scaremongering. Predictions about a record breaking rise in the precept has certainly proven to be an unnecessary scaremongering tactic. I wonder if my own analysis of what these words might possibly of meant, along with the many emails sent to councillors by myself and others might have anything to do with ensuring that the scaremongering words of Silly Sally Walker were proven to be incorrect. Always a 708 Skinhead

6:48am Sun 16 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

LGM,
You say you have never defended the council.
Just what do you think you are doing then?
Have a look at the way this thread has gone.
An article about the council, comments added by others regarding the article, then the arrival of LGM, all guns blazing firing insults at people who question the actions of the council yet offering nothing of value to the debate.
If your not defending the council LGM, just who or what are you defending and why are you doing so?
Are you a Freemason? Defending councillors who are also brothers of the craft?
Are you a homosexual? Defending councillors who belong to the Gay community?
Are you Allan Parry? Defending councillors who you colluded with to mislead the remainder of the council?

Who knows LGM. Who really cares?
The fact is that you stick your rat like little snout in to these threads each and every time the council hierarchy needs someone to defend it's incompetence and lies.
You really are one of their heroes LGM.
LGM, You say you have never defended the council. Just what do you think you are doing then? Have a look at the way this thread has gone. An article about the council, comments added by others regarding the article, then the arrival of LGM, all guns blazing firing insults at people who question the actions of the council yet offering nothing of value to the debate. If your not defending the council LGM, just who or what are you defending and why are you doing so? Are you a Freemason? Defending councillors who are also brothers of the craft? Are you a homosexual? Defending councillors who belong to the Gay community? Are you Allan Parry? Defending councillors who you colluded with to mislead the remainder of the council? Who knows LGM. Who really cares? The fact is that you stick your rat like little snout in to these threads each and every time the council hierarchy needs someone to defend it's incompetence and lies. You really are one of their heroes LGM. Always a 708 Skinhead

8:32am Sun 16 Feb 14

OUT WITH CAVETOWN says...

Always a 708 Skinhead wrote:
LGM,
You say you have never defended the council.
Just what do you think you are doing then?
Have a look at the way this thread has gone.
An article about the council, comments added by others regarding the article, then the arrival of LGM, all guns blazing firing insults at people who question the actions of the council yet offering nothing of value to the debate.
If your not defending the council LGM, just who or what are you defending and why are you doing so?
Are you a Freemason? Defending councillors who are also brothers of the craft?
Are you a homosexual? Defending councillors who belong to the Gay community?
Are you Allan Parry? Defending councillors who you colluded with to mislead the remainder of the council?

Who knows LGM. Who really cares?
The fact is that you stick your rat like little snout in to these threads each and every time the council hierarchy needs someone to defend it's incompetence and lies.
You really are one of their heroes LGM.
Note ,this is the rant from the leader of Cavetown!, the one that lives thousands of miles away!,read again his vile post . Read again and you will begin to understand what it's all about!.Dont be fooled by the "facts and figures " he quotes and quotes how could you believe them from such from a person that replies in this fashion to anybody that seemingly disputes his rants.Beware the family members of Cavetown the ones in the main who are waging this personal and vindictive campaign.
[quote][p][bold]Always a 708 Skinhead[/bold] wrote: LGM, You say you have never defended the council. Just what do you think you are doing then? Have a look at the way this thread has gone. An article about the council, comments added by others regarding the article, then the arrival of LGM, all guns blazing firing insults at people who question the actions of the council yet offering nothing of value to the debate. If your not defending the council LGM, just who or what are you defending and why are you doing so? Are you a Freemason? Defending councillors who are also brothers of the craft? Are you a homosexual? Defending councillors who belong to the Gay community? Are you Allan Parry? Defending councillors who you colluded with to mislead the remainder of the council? Who knows LGM. Who really cares? The fact is that you stick your rat like little snout in to these threads each and every time the council hierarchy needs someone to defend it's incompetence and lies. You really are one of their heroes LGM.[/p][/quote]Note ,this is the rant from the leader of Cavetown!, the one that lives thousands of miles away!,read again his vile post . Read again and you will begin to understand what it's all about!.Dont be fooled by the "facts and figures " he quotes and quotes how could you believe them from such from a person that replies in this fashion to anybody that seemingly disputes his rants.Beware the family members of Cavetown the ones in the main who are waging this personal and vindictive campaign. OUT WITH CAVETOWN

8:42am Sun 16 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

Please do read my post again OWC. And read it again and again. Then please explain exactly what part of it is the section you refer to as vile?
LGM claims he isn't defending the council.
So just who and what is he defending?

You are obviously upset about something OWC.
Why not share your troubles with the rest of us?
Please do read my post again OWC. And read it again and again. Then please explain exactly what part of it is the section you refer to as vile? LGM claims he isn't defending the council. So just who and what is he defending? You are obviously upset about something OWC. Why not share your troubles with the rest of us? Always a 708 Skinhead

9:19am Sun 16 Feb 14

Graham Forsyth says...

OWC says...
"Dont be fooled by the "facts and figures " he quotes and quotes "

Question OWC, were are your facts and figures? What do you produce as a counter argument other than this.

"Beware the family members of Cavetown the ones in the main who are waging this personal and vindictive campaign."

Another question OWC, where is your evidence to substantiate this statement of a "personal and vindictive campaign"?

You also say.: "this is the rant from the leader of Cavetown! " And what is the definition to place on your unsubstantiated comments OWC?

And by the way, I have received my letter from PFK Littlejohn, the External Auditors going to investigate KTC, in regards to meeting them to discuss the matter I raised with them. Does that place me as one of those "in the main " despite the fact I am not related?


Tick Tock
OWC says... "Dont be fooled by the "facts and figures " he quotes and quotes " Question OWC, were are your facts and figures? What do you produce as a counter argument other than this. "Beware the family members of Cavetown the ones in the main who are waging this personal and vindictive campaign." Another question OWC, where is your evidence to substantiate this statement of a "personal and vindictive campaign"? You also say.: "this is the rant from the leader of Cavetown! " And what is the definition to place on your unsubstantiated comments OWC? And by the way, I have received my letter from PFK Littlejohn, the External Auditors going to investigate KTC, in regards to meeting them to discuss the matter I raised with them. Does that place me as one of those "in the main " despite the fact I am not related? Tick Tock Graham Forsyth

9:46am Sun 16 Feb 14

Graham Forsyth says...

OWC say..
"the one that lives thousands of miles away!"

That would be Mr Simon Mitchell who lives in Australia which is common knowledge as it has never been hidden. And he is active in helping to bring about accountability from KTC as he was born and raised in Keighley and still has family and friends living in Keighley.

So.
Who is OWC?
Where does OWC live?
What is OWC's motive for posting on these threads ?
What connection has OWC with Keighley?

OWC could possibly be nothing more than a `Troll` living in another part of the world "thousands of miles away" who has nothing in life other than their anger which they spill out on any thread they can get on. That's the problem with individuals who wish to remain anonymous, they could be anyone from any part of the world who has an internet connection. Notice I used the word `their` as being anonymous, OWC could be either male or female.


Tick Tock
OWC say.. "the one that lives thousands of miles away!" That would be Mr Simon Mitchell who lives in Australia which is common knowledge as it has never been hidden. And he is active in helping to bring about accountability from KTC as he was born and raised in Keighley and still has family and friends living in Keighley. So. Who is OWC? Where does OWC live? What is OWC's motive for posting on these threads ? What connection has OWC with Keighley? OWC could possibly be nothing more than a `Troll` living in another part of the world "thousands of miles away" who has nothing in life other than their anger which they spill out on any thread they can get on. That's the problem with individuals who wish to remain anonymous, they could be anyone from any part of the world who has an internet connection. Notice I used the word `their` as being anonymous, OWC could be either male or female. Tick Tock Graham Forsyth

2:14pm Sun 16 Feb 14

samuels david says...

Simon it has been noticed by some of my friends within the Worth Valley business community that the percived ‘unbelievable childish petulance and tantrums’ of all the KTC hierarchy has been the reason for its total failure in all of its business endeavours undertaken.
Its lack of all understanding in its issuing of public and private communications is said to be obvious from the letters published in the Keighley News and on this site by its leaders.

Its followers, of an extremely doubtful ability, continually reveal in the abusive replies to you and your fellow Cavetown members, that simplistic logic published by your group is either not understood or as many believe a resistance to accept the realism that the decisions they made were caused by an arrogant and senseless view business right at the start of the Civic Centre, and then they allowed the sink hole of stupidity to just become bigger.

The problem as, seen by those I have talked within the Worth Valley business community is the obvious lack of constructive perspective by those in charge, and the situation will become even more tragic as the logic of ‘shoeing’ in at the earliest opportunity, by adoption, those favoured by the present inept KTC hierarchy, with even lower levels of responsive ability which will further lower the intelligence pool now available to the Keighley public.

David Samuels.
Simon it has been noticed by some of my friends within the Worth Valley business community that the percived ‘unbelievable childish petulance and tantrums’ of all the KTC hierarchy has been the reason for its total failure in all of its business endeavours undertaken. Its lack of all understanding in its issuing of public and private communications is said to be obvious from the letters published in the Keighley News and on this site by its leaders. Its followers, of an extremely doubtful ability, continually reveal in the abusive replies to you and your fellow Cavetown members, that simplistic logic published by your group is either not understood or as many believe a resistance to accept the realism that the decisions they made were caused by an arrogant and senseless view business right at the start of the Civic Centre, and then they allowed the sink hole of stupidity to just become bigger. The problem as, seen by those I have talked within the Worth Valley business community is the obvious lack of constructive perspective by those in charge, and the situation will become even more tragic as the logic of ‘shoeing’ in at the earliest opportunity, by adoption, those favoured by the present inept KTC hierarchy, with even lower levels of responsive ability which will further lower the intelligence pool now available to the Keighley public. David Samuels. samuels david

9:44am Mon 17 Feb 14

Ian-Holt Roberts says...

Graham Forsyth wrote:
OWC say..
"the one that lives thousands of miles away!"

That would be Mr Simon Mitchell who lives in Australia which is common knowledge as it has never been hidden. And he is active in helping to bring about accountability from KTC as he was born and raised in Keighley and still has family and friends living in Keighley.

So.
Who is OWC?
Where does OWC live?
What is OWC's motive for posting on these threads ?
What connection has OWC with Keighley?

OWC could possibly be nothing more than a `Troll` living in another part of the world "thousands of miles away" who has nothing in life other than their anger which they spill out on any thread they can get on. That's the problem with individuals who wish to remain anonymous, they could be anyone from any part of the world who has an internet connection. Notice I used the word `their` as being anonymous, OWC could be either male or female.


Tick Tock
Graham I am closing in on clown MORRIS or owc as he is currently using I have over the past few months gone over all the comments on the cavetown site with the help of my wife ,and narrowed down the number of people who have not commented,having removed from the list people who we know we are left with a small number of names where MOORIS IS GAINING HIS INFORMATION FROM .
[quote][p][bold]Graham Forsyth[/bold] wrote: OWC say.. "the one that lives thousands of miles away!" That would be Mr Simon Mitchell who lives in Australia which is common knowledge as it has never been hidden. And he is active in helping to bring about accountability from KTC as he was born and raised in Keighley and still has family and friends living in Keighley. So. Who is OWC? Where does OWC live? What is OWC's motive for posting on these threads ? What connection has OWC with Keighley? OWC could possibly be nothing more than a `Troll` living in another part of the world "thousands of miles away" who has nothing in life other than their anger which they spill out on any thread they can get on. That's the problem with individuals who wish to remain anonymous, they could be anyone from any part of the world who has an internet connection. Notice I used the word `their` as being anonymous, OWC could be either male or female. Tick Tock[/p][/quote]Graham I am closing in on clown MORRIS or owc as he is currently using I have over the past few months gone over all the comments on the cavetown site with the help of my wife ,and narrowed down the number of people who have not commented,having removed from the list people who we know we are left with a small number of names where MOORIS IS GAINING HIS INFORMATION FROM . Ian-Holt Roberts

10:31am Mon 17 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

Always a 708 Skinhead wrote:
LGM,
You say you have never defended the council.
Just what do you think you are doing then?
Have a look at the way this thread has gone.
An article about the council, comments added by others regarding the article, then the arrival of LGM, all guns blazing firing insults at people who question the actions of the council yet offering nothing of value to the debate.
If your not defending the council LGM, just who or what are you defending and why are you doing so?
Are you a Freemason? Defending councillors who are also brothers of the craft?
Are you a homosexual? Defending councillors who belong to the Gay community?
Are you Allan Parry? Defending councillors who you colluded with to mislead the remainder of the council?

Who knows LGM. Who really cares?
The fact is that you stick your rat like little snout in to these threads each and every time the council hierarchy needs someone to defend it's incompetence and lies.
You really are one of their heroes LGM.
They don't need heroes with the likes of you and dodgy Dave in the Cavetown gang - typical that you should accuse me of supporting the council because I don't agree with you! (and not suprisngly offer no evidence of my support of the council) How very Samuels like you are! How many insults can you fit in one post? You do realise every time you have one of your little boy tantrums you make yourself look silly and by association the group you are supposedly leader of? The number of your group members continues to decline - keep up the good work!
[quote][p][bold]Always a 708 Skinhead[/bold] wrote: LGM, You say you have never defended the council. Just what do you think you are doing then? Have a look at the way this thread has gone. An article about the council, comments added by others regarding the article, then the arrival of LGM, all guns blazing firing insults at people who question the actions of the council yet offering nothing of value to the debate. If your not defending the council LGM, just who or what are you defending and why are you doing so? Are you a Freemason? Defending councillors who are also brothers of the craft? Are you a homosexual? Defending councillors who belong to the Gay community? Are you Allan Parry? Defending councillors who you colluded with to mislead the remainder of the council? Who knows LGM. Who really cares? The fact is that you stick your rat like little snout in to these threads each and every time the council hierarchy needs someone to defend it's incompetence and lies. You really are one of their heroes LGM.[/p][/quote]They don't need heroes with the likes of you and dodgy Dave in the Cavetown gang - typical that you should accuse me of supporting the council because I don't agree with you! (and not suprisngly offer no evidence of my support of the council) How very Samuels like you are! How many insults can you fit in one post? You do realise every time you have one of your little boy tantrums you make yourself look silly and by association the group you are supposedly leader of? The number of your group members continues to decline - keep up the good work! Little Green Man

10:38am Mon 17 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

Little Green Man wrote:
Always a 708 Skinhead wrote:
LGM,
You say you have never defended the council.
Just what do you think you are doing then?
Have a look at the way this thread has gone.
An article about the council, comments added by others regarding the article, then the arrival of LGM, all guns blazing firing insults at people who question the actions of the council yet offering nothing of value to the debate.
If your not defending the council LGM, just who or what are you defending and why are you doing so?
Are you a Freemason? Defending councillors who are also brothers of the craft?
Are you a homosexual? Defending councillors who belong to the Gay community?
Are you Allan Parry? Defending councillors who you colluded with to mislead the remainder of the council?

Who knows LGM. Who really cares?
The fact is that you stick your rat like little snout in to these threads each and every time the council hierarchy needs someone to defend it's incompetence and lies.
You really are one of their heroes LGM.
They don't need heroes with the likes of you and dodgy Dave in the Cavetown gang - typical that you should accuse me of supporting the council because I don't agree with you! (and not suprisngly offer no evidence of my support of the council) How very Samuels like you are! How many insults can you fit in one post? You do realise every time you have one of your little boy tantrums you make yourself look silly and by association the group you are supposedly leader of? The number of your group members continues to decline - keep up the good work!
Didn't notice any insults LGM. I am pretty sure you do have a rat like snout.

Once again a post by you full of inaccuracies and false comments from LGM.
You really should try reading the comments posted by others LGM instead of believing your own lies.
[quote][p][bold]Little Green Man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Always a 708 Skinhead[/bold] wrote: LGM, You say you have never defended the council. Just what do you think you are doing then? Have a look at the way this thread has gone. An article about the council, comments added by others regarding the article, then the arrival of LGM, all guns blazing firing insults at people who question the actions of the council yet offering nothing of value to the debate. If your not defending the council LGM, just who or what are you defending and why are you doing so? Are you a Freemason? Defending councillors who are also brothers of the craft? Are you a homosexual? Defending councillors who belong to the Gay community? Are you Allan Parry? Defending councillors who you colluded with to mislead the remainder of the council? Who knows LGM. Who really cares? The fact is that you stick your rat like little snout in to these threads each and every time the council hierarchy needs someone to defend it's incompetence and lies. You really are one of their heroes LGM.[/p][/quote]They don't need heroes with the likes of you and dodgy Dave in the Cavetown gang - typical that you should accuse me of supporting the council because I don't agree with you! (and not suprisngly offer no evidence of my support of the council) How very Samuels like you are! How many insults can you fit in one post? You do realise every time you have one of your little boy tantrums you make yourself look silly and by association the group you are supposedly leader of? The number of your group members continues to decline - keep up the good work![/p][/quote]Didn't notice any insults LGM. I am pretty sure you do have a rat like snout. Once again a post by you full of inaccuracies and false comments from LGM. You really should try reading the comments posted by others LGM instead of believing your own lies. Always a 708 Skinhead

10:40am Mon 17 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

Always a 708 Skinhead wrote:
Please do read my post again OWC. And read it again and again. Then please explain exactly what part of it is the section you refer to as vile?
LGM claims he isn't defending the council.
So just who and what is he defending?

You are obviously upset about something OWC.
Why not share your troubles with the rest of us?
Why should I be defending anyone?
[quote][p][bold]Always a 708 Skinhead[/bold] wrote: Please do read my post again OWC. And read it again and again. Then please explain exactly what part of it is the section you refer to as vile? LGM claims he isn't defending the council. So just who and what is he defending? You are obviously upset about something OWC. Why not share your troubles with the rest of us?[/p][/quote]Why should I be defending anyone? Little Green Man

10:45am Mon 17 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

Little Green Man wrote:
Always a 708 Skinhead wrote:
Please do read my post again OWC. And read it again and again. Then please explain exactly what part of it is the section you refer to as vile?
LGM claims he isn't defending the council.
So just who and what is he defending?

You are obviously upset about something OWC.
Why not share your troubles with the rest of us?
Why should I be defending anyone?
You tell us Little Man.
[quote][p][bold]Little Green Man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Always a 708 Skinhead[/bold] wrote: Please do read my post again OWC. And read it again and again. Then please explain exactly what part of it is the section you refer to as vile? LGM claims he isn't defending the council. So just who and what is he defending? You are obviously upset about something OWC. Why not share your troubles with the rest of us?[/p][/quote]Why should I be defending anyone?[/p][/quote]You tell us Little Man. Always a 708 Skinhead

11:06am Mon 17 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

Always a 708 Skinhead wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
Always a 708 Skinhead wrote:
LGM,
You say you have never defended the council.
Just what do you think you are doing then?
Have a look at the way this thread has gone.
An article about the council, comments added by others regarding the article, then the arrival of LGM, all guns blazing firing insults at people who question the actions of the council yet offering nothing of value to the debate.
If your not defending the council LGM, just who or what are you defending and why are you doing so?
Are you a Freemason? Defending councillors who are also brothers of the craft?
Are you a homosexual? Defending councillors who belong to the Gay community?
Are you Allan Parry? Defending councillors who you colluded with to mislead the remainder of the council?

Who knows LGM. Who really cares?
The fact is that you stick your rat like little snout in to these threads each and every time the council hierarchy needs someone to defend it's incompetence and lies.
You really are one of their heroes LGM.
They don't need heroes with the likes of you and dodgy Dave in the Cavetown gang - typical that you should accuse me of supporting the council because I don't agree with you! (and not suprisngly offer no evidence of my support of the council) How very Samuels like you are! How many insults can you fit in one post? You do realise every time you have one of your little boy tantrums you make yourself look silly and by association the group you are supposedly leader of? The number of your group members continues to decline - keep up the good work!
Didn't notice any insults LGM. I am pretty sure you do have a rat like snout.

Once again a post by you full of inaccuracies and false comments from LGM.
You really should try reading the comments posted by others LGM instead of believing your own lies.
Keep trying Simon - you're doing a great job showing everyone what kind of a person you really are, not to mention that you are deflecting attention from the real problem every time you respond :)
[quote][p][bold]Always a 708 Skinhead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Little Green Man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Always a 708 Skinhead[/bold] wrote: LGM, You say you have never defended the council. Just what do you think you are doing then? Have a look at the way this thread has gone. An article about the council, comments added by others regarding the article, then the arrival of LGM, all guns blazing firing insults at people who question the actions of the council yet offering nothing of value to the debate. If your not defending the council LGM, just who or what are you defending and why are you doing so? Are you a Freemason? Defending councillors who are also brothers of the craft? Are you a homosexual? Defending councillors who belong to the Gay community? Are you Allan Parry? Defending councillors who you colluded with to mislead the remainder of the council? Who knows LGM. Who really cares? The fact is that you stick your rat like little snout in to these threads each and every time the council hierarchy needs someone to defend it's incompetence and lies. You really are one of their heroes LGM.[/p][/quote]They don't need heroes with the likes of you and dodgy Dave in the Cavetown gang - typical that you should accuse me of supporting the council because I don't agree with you! (and not suprisngly offer no evidence of my support of the council) How very Samuels like you are! How many insults can you fit in one post? You do realise every time you have one of your little boy tantrums you make yourself look silly and by association the group you are supposedly leader of? The number of your group members continues to decline - keep up the good work![/p][/quote]Didn't notice any insults LGM. I am pretty sure you do have a rat like snout. Once again a post by you full of inaccuracies and false comments from LGM. You really should try reading the comments posted by others LGM instead of believing your own lies.[/p][/quote]Keep trying Simon - you're doing a great job showing everyone what kind of a person you really are, not to mention that you are deflecting attention from the real problem every time you respond :) Little Green Man

11:15am Mon 17 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

You really don't grasp the mechanics of all this do you Little Man.
No matter. You will catch on eventually.
As for showing everyone what kind of person I really am Wee Man.
I think that's pretty obvious to anyone interested.
After all it wasn't that long ago that one of your fellow anonymous contributors posted a link to my FB account on these threads.
Interestingly making false reference to fascists in in an attempt to mislead people regarding me.
Funnily enough you have employed the same tactics Tiny Man.
Standard practice it seems from those defending the council or factions serving on it.
You really don't grasp the mechanics of all this do you Little Man. No matter. You will catch on eventually. As for showing everyone what kind of person I really am Wee Man. I think that's pretty obvious to anyone interested. After all it wasn't that long ago that one of your fellow anonymous contributors posted a link to my FB account on these threads. Interestingly making false reference to fascists in in an attempt to mislead people regarding me. Funnily enough you have employed the same tactics Tiny Man. Standard practice it seems from those defending the council or factions serving on it. Always a 708 Skinhead

1:56pm Mon 17 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

Keep digging...
Keep digging... Little Green Man

4:13pm Mon 17 Feb 14

Graham Forsyth says...

LGM says...
"Keep trying Simon - you're doing a great job showing everyone what kind of a person you really are, not to mention that you are deflecting attention from the real problem every time you respond :)"

So what kind of person is LGM? Let LGM explain.


Little Green Man says... 1:52pm Mon 17 Feb 14
"I don't post under my own name because I don't have to, I don't have an agenda other than to annoy you lot."

Thanks LGM, now people can make up their own minds as to whether there is any point in replying to your posts as they are only to annoy.

Tick Tock
LGM says... "Keep trying Simon - you're doing a great job showing everyone what kind of a person you really are, not to mention that you are deflecting attention from the real problem every time you respond :)" So what kind of person is LGM? Let LGM explain. Little Green Man says... 1:52pm Mon 17 Feb 14 "I don't post under my own name because I don't have to, I don't have an agenda other than to annoy you lot." Thanks LGM, now people can make up their own minds as to whether there is any point in replying to your posts as they are only to annoy. Tick Tock Graham Forsyth

5:29pm Mon 17 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

Graham Forsyth wrote:
LGM says...
"Keep trying Simon - you're doing a great job showing everyone what kind of a person you really are, not to mention that you are deflecting attention from the real problem every time you respond :)"

So what kind of person is LGM? Let LGM explain.


Little Green Man says... 1:52pm Mon 17 Feb 14
"I don't post under my own name because I don't have to, I don't have an agenda other than to annoy you lot."

Thanks LGM, now people can make up their own minds as to whether there is any point in replying to your posts as they are only to annoy.

Tick Tock
But again you miss the point Graham, I don't have an agenda or care how I'm perceived by the 9 or 10 people that read these posts. As you and your buddies claim to represent the people of keighley you should be more careful what u say in public,
[quote][p][bold]Graham Forsyth[/bold] wrote: LGM says... "Keep trying Simon - you're doing a great job showing everyone what kind of a person you really are, not to mention that you are deflecting attention from the real problem every time you respond :)" So what kind of person is LGM? Let LGM explain. Little Green Man says... 1:52pm Mon 17 Feb 14 "I don't post under my own name because I don't have to, I don't have an agenda other than to annoy you lot." Thanks LGM, now people can make up their own minds as to whether there is any point in replying to your posts as they are only to annoy. Tick Tock[/p][/quote]But again you miss the point Graham, I don't have an agenda or care how I'm perceived by the 9 or 10 people that read these posts. As you and your buddies claim to represent the people of keighley you should be more careful what u say in public, Little Green Man

6:35pm Mon 17 Feb 14

Graham Forsyth says...

LGM says...
"As you and your buddies claim to represent the people of keighley"

No one claims that LGM. Are you doing this to annoy as you admit that is your only reason for posting.
Quote:
Little Green Man says... 1:52pm Mon 17 Feb 14
"I don't post under my own name because I don't have to, I don't have an agenda other than to annoy you lot."

Tick Tock
LGM says... "As you and your buddies claim to represent the people of keighley" No one claims that LGM. Are you doing this to annoy as you admit that is your only reason for posting. Quote: Little Green Man says... 1:52pm Mon 17 Feb 14 "I don't post under my own name because I don't have to, I don't have an agenda other than to annoy you lot." Tick Tock Graham Forsyth

7:51pm Mon 17 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

Say what you like Graham - you still forgot what you came here for to try and wind me up :)
Say what you like Graham - you still forgot what you came here for to try and wind me up :) Little Green Man

9:57pm Mon 17 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

Little Green Man wrote:
Say what you like Graham - you still forgot what you came here for to try and wind me up :)
The reason to post on these threads is to expose the lies and underhand tactics used by the council instead of reasoned and relevant debate. Showing you up for exactly what you are little man is all part of the process.
[quote][p][bold]Little Green Man[/bold] wrote: Say what you like Graham - you still forgot what you came here for to try and wind me up :)[/p][/quote]The reason to post on these threads is to expose the lies and underhand tactics used by the council instead of reasoned and relevant debate. Showing you up for exactly what you are little man is all part of the process. Always a 708 Skinhead

10:13pm Mon 17 Feb 14

Little Green Man says...

Always a 708 Skinhead wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
Say what you like Graham - you still forgot what you came here for to try and wind me up :)
The reason to post on these threads is to expose the lies and underhand tactics used by the council instead of reasoned and relevant debate. Showing you up for exactly what you are little man is all part of the process.
Nothing to do with the council Simone - thats just your own private little paranoia, prove it if you can, lol
[quote][p][bold]Always a 708 Skinhead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Little Green Man[/bold] wrote: Say what you like Graham - you still forgot what you came here for to try and wind me up :)[/p][/quote]The reason to post on these threads is to expose the lies and underhand tactics used by the council instead of reasoned and relevant debate. Showing you up for exactly what you are little man is all part of the process.[/p][/quote]Nothing to do with the council Simone - thats just your own private little paranoia, prove it if you can, lol Little Green Man

11:29am Tue 18 Feb 14

samuels david says...

Mrs Mitchell. I understand you have received a letter of rebuke from the Mayor of Keighley, even though, I believe it was possibly not written by herself, but by another within her company.
It is yet another communication of stupidity which, I believe, weekly seems to emanate from the smell of a dank and unpleasant KTC mentality.

That you were condemned for speaking the truth is to my mind, dishonourable, scandalous and reprehensible beyond belief, but in my view, typical of this present KTC.

Why Graham Mitchell is allowed to make offensive insults to the public from the Chamber floor, without reproach at all from the Mayor or that Cllr Tony Wright is also allowed to shout insults from the floor at a member of the public in the public gallery, again without any rebuke whatsoever from the Mayor, demonstrates the typical manner of which hypocrisy is continually being practiced by this out of control KTC.

That the Mayor of Keighley, callously in my view, tried to curtail your final half sentence of commiseration at the passing of Brian Hudson, Ex Keighley Town Councillor, who had done more for Keighley than KTC ever has done, in all its most spiteful and pitiful years of existence is a insult to all decent people in Keighley.

Seemingly KTC is at a lost to understand the loathing felt by a large section of Keighley towards this crew of Walter Mitty characters, posturing as self-important councillors on a council, felt by many, including myself, that by their own actions of continuing stupidly of unmitigated monetary profligacy have destroyed, financially and ethically the integrity of Keighley Town Council and confidence the general public have in what little democracy we still have available in this country. This Council should resign, and today!
Mrs Mitchell. I understand you have received a letter of rebuke from the Mayor of Keighley, even though, I believe it was possibly not written by herself, but by another within her company. It is yet another communication of stupidity which, I believe, weekly seems to emanate from the smell of a dank and unpleasant KTC mentality. That you were condemned for speaking the truth is to my mind, dishonourable, scandalous and reprehensible beyond belief, but in my view, typical of this present KTC. Why Graham Mitchell is allowed to make offensive insults to the public from the Chamber floor, without reproach at all from the Mayor or that Cllr Tony Wright is also allowed to shout insults from the floor at a member of the public in the public gallery, again without any rebuke whatsoever from the Mayor, demonstrates the typical manner of which hypocrisy is continually being practiced by this out of control KTC. That the Mayor of Keighley, callously in my view, tried to curtail your final half sentence of commiseration at the passing of Brian Hudson, Ex Keighley Town Councillor, who had done more for Keighley than KTC ever has done, in all its most spiteful and pitiful years of existence is a insult to all decent people in Keighley. Seemingly KTC is at a lost to understand the loathing felt by a large section of Keighley towards this crew of Walter Mitty characters, posturing as self-important councillors on a council, felt by many, including myself, that by their own actions of continuing stupidly of unmitigated monetary profligacy have destroyed, financially and ethically the integrity of Keighley Town Council and confidence the general public have in what little democracy we still have available in this country. This Council should resign, and today! samuels david

11:32am Tue 18 Feb 14

samuels david says...

PS The above comments are to beposted to KT Councillors

David Samuels
PS The above comments are to beposted to KT Councillors David Samuels samuels david

11:48am Tue 18 Feb 14

Always a 708 Skinhead says...

Mr Samuels,
I have seen a copy of the letter you mention.
While it does appear to be typed and written by one of KTC's "keyboard Warriors" it does also appear to of been signed by Silly Sally at the bottom.

As such she alone has to accept responsibility for it's content.

Unfortunately Mr Samuels, I am unable to confirm at this stage whether the signature is indeed signed in crayon.
Mr Samuels, I have seen a copy of the letter you mention. While it does appear to be typed and written by one of KTC's "keyboard Warriors" it does also appear to of been signed by Silly Sally at the bottom. As such she alone has to accept responsibility for it's content. Unfortunately Mr Samuels, I am unable to confirm at this stage whether the signature is indeed signed in crayon. Always a 708 Skinhead

12:26pm Tue 18 Feb 14

Graham Forsyth says...

Little Green Man says..
"Say what you like Graham - you still forgot what you came here for to try and wind me up :)"

On the contrary LGM, how can quoting you be seen as trying to wind you up. You yourself posted;


Little Green Man says... 1:52pm Mon 17 Feb 14
"I don't post under my own name because I don't have to, I don't have an agenda other than to annoy you lot."

So whom is trying to wind up whom? You are here to annoy by your own admission, the reason I came onto these threads is to help make public the carrying on of KTC, and an example of this is here. It's a chronological list of the activities as recorded in the news.


K.N. 14 October 2002
"Clerk quits Town Council in pay row"

K.N. November 2002
"Town Council must honour openness pledge"

K.N. May 2008
"Big increase in complaints about Keighley Town Councillors"


K.N. October 2008
"Thousands let down by council"

K.N. September 2008
"Councillors are offered conflict resolution course"

K.N. February 2010
"Long-playing record of town council is stuck -again"

K.N. August 2012
"Council hits back over claims centre loses money"

T&A February 2013
"Householders set for 73 per cent rise in precept as Keighley Town Council battles financial woes"

K.N. May 2013
"Shock as Keighley Civic Centre is found to be £162,000 in the red"

K.N May 2013
"Keighley MP demands town council opens its books"

T&A. July 2013
"Keighley Town Council ‘lost the plot’ over filming"

K.N. January 2014
"Investigation set into Keighley Town Council accounts"

K.N. February 2014
"Keighley Civic Centre legal action"


K.N. May 2013
Shock as Keighley Civic Centre is found to be £162,000 in the red
"Town clerk Mrs Miggy Bailey said that in the current economic climate it was uncertain if the centre would ever become fully self-funding, but no-one would work harder than the town council to make that happen.
“Obviously everyone wholeheartedly wishes the project was already ‘in profit’ but the council has to operate in the real world - which includes a continuing economic downturn that has been going on since 2008,” she said."

KTC were aware of the `global` circumstances, ongoing since 2008, yet in 2010 they took on a civic centre project, borrowing 1.1 million pounds making parishioners guarantors for the loan without asking them; sold off allotments while having a waiting list of 150 and used £110,000 from the £148,000 sale to help finance the civic centre project. The self-financing civic centre has now been responsible for the 72.6% record breaking precept hike, 48% of which was just to help pay for the civic centre, and for the £250,000 plus per year deficit the civic centre is creating. So when you look back at the `provable evidence` and compare it with the KTC rhetoric it is at odds.

And as to bad publicity, the above list shows just what publicity KTC was generating for itself long long before Cavetown was formed. And the external auditors are to investigate 54 issues of concern, 22 of a legal nature.

There you go LGM, I've not really forgotten what I came here for.
Tick Tock
Little Green Man says.. "Say what you like Graham - you still forgot what you came here for to try and wind me up :)" On the contrary LGM, how can quoting you be seen as trying to wind you up. You yourself posted; Little Green Man says... 1:52pm Mon 17 Feb 14 "I don't post under my own name because I don't have to, I don't have an agenda other than to annoy you lot." So whom is trying to wind up whom? You are here to annoy by your own admission, the reason I came onto these threads is to help make public the carrying on of KTC, and an example of this is here. It's a chronological list of the activities as recorded in the news. K.N. 14 October 2002 "Clerk quits Town Council in pay row" K.N. November 2002 "Town Council must honour openness pledge" K.N. May 2008 "Big increase in complaints about Keighley Town Councillors" K.N. October 2008 "Thousands let down by council" K.N. September 2008 "Councillors are offered conflict resolution course" K.N. February 2010 "Long-playing record of town council is stuck -again" K.N. August 2012 "Council hits back over claims centre loses money" T&A February 2013 "Householders set for 73 per cent rise in precept as Keighley Town Council battles financial woes" K.N. May 2013 "Shock as Keighley Civic Centre is found to be £162,000 in the red" K.N May 2013 "Keighley MP demands town council opens its books" T&A. July 2013 "Keighley Town Council ‘lost the plot’ over filming" K.N. January 2014 "Investigation set into Keighley Town Council accounts" K.N. February 2014 "Keighley Civic Centre legal action" K.N. May 2013 Shock as Keighley Civic Centre is found to be £162,000 in the red "Town clerk Mrs Miggy Bailey said that in the current economic climate it was uncertain if the centre would ever become fully self-funding, but no-one would work harder than the town council to make that happen. “Obviously everyone wholeheartedly wishes the project was already ‘in profit’ but the council has to operate in the real world - which includes a continuing economic downturn that has been going on since 2008,” she said." KTC were aware of the `global` circumstances, ongoing since 2008, yet in 2010 they took on a civic centre project, borrowing 1.1 million pounds making parishioners guarantors for the loan without asking them; sold off allotments while having a waiting list of 150 and used £110,000 from the £148,000 sale to help finance the civic centre project. The self-financing civic centre has now been responsible for the 72.6% record breaking precept hike, 48% of which was just to help pay for the civic centre, and for the £250,000 plus per year deficit the civic centre is creating. So when you look back at the `provable evidence` and compare it with the KTC rhetoric it is at odds. And as to bad publicity, the above list shows just what publicity KTC was generating for itself long long before Cavetown was formed. And the external auditors are to investigate 54 issues of concern, 22 of a legal nature. There you go LGM, I've not really forgotten what I came here for. Tick Tock Graham Forsyth

3:43pm Tue 18 Feb 14

samuels david says...

Mr Forsyth I note with great absorption your meticulous and perceptive chronological approach from 2002 to present times in the presentation of highlighting the moral decline of KTC since I and those we had thought were with us in setting up what we had envisaged would be a beacon of honesty to all others groups in the country. The idea was to be the mainstream of full transparency in all ways.
That we failed is my embarrassment and sorrow to all those others who were endeavouring to set up small local non political administrations.
That KTC was highjack by what I have since described as the Walter Mitty types with characteristic tendencies of dangerously obsessive egomania, such as the Councillor known as LGM, his doppelgangers, plus the others misfits who try to join his madness in disputing the reality you and your colleagues of Cave Town Council have discovered in KTC’s own documents, that they themselves submitted as being competent to HM Customs and Revenue other national authorities.
As you are aware, when in Council, all offers of my help were refused with gross insulting tirades of childish behaviour and racist remarks in emails and in chambers.
What has not been said is that the reason animosity first started in 2002 was because the then Town Clerk, herself offered her known legal skills, but was turned down with such retorts as, ‘I’ll not having a girl telling me what to do!’
It was at the moment I’d realised that ego was at hand. I had lost that skirmish and have fought a rearguard battle ever since!
Whilst never a member of your Cavetown Council group, my admiration for all it members is momentous.
I continue to fight this battle for a fastidious and open KTC, as I promised Brian Hudson, ex councillor, hours before his passing.
Brian was, in my opinion, mercilessly pilloried for many months to an earlier death by some members of the KT hierarchy who had realised he was seriously ill when attending council meetings in his efforts to turn around, what both he and saw as questionable issues of financial conduct, which were never allowed to be questioned in Council chambers.

David Samuels

PS Mr Forsyth; I had promised Brian I would insist the Audit Commission make detailed enquires of financial and other issues from 2002 onwards and that would include the involvement of a supposedly nonaligned Keighley Police Force in marginalising public complainants of KTC.

David Samuels
Mr Forsyth I note with great absorption your meticulous and perceptive chronological approach from 2002 to present times in the presentation of highlighting the moral decline of KTC since I and those we had thought were with us in setting up what we had envisaged would be a beacon of honesty to all others groups in the country. The idea was to be the mainstream of full transparency in all ways. That we failed is my embarrassment and sorrow to all those others who were endeavouring to set up small local non political administrations. That KTC was highjack by what I have since described as the Walter Mitty types with characteristic tendencies of dangerously obsessive egomania, such as the Councillor known as LGM, his doppelgangers, plus the others misfits who try to join his madness in disputing the reality you and your colleagues of Cave Town Council have discovered in KTC’s own documents, that they themselves submitted as being competent to HM Customs and Revenue other national authorities. As you are aware, when in Council, all offers of my help were refused with gross insulting tirades of childish behaviour and racist remarks in emails and in chambers. What has not been said is that the reason animosity first started in 2002 was because the then Town Clerk, herself offered her known legal skills, but was turned down with such retorts as, ‘I’ll not having a girl telling me what to do!’ It was at the moment I’d realised that ego was at hand. I had lost that skirmish and have fought a rearguard battle ever since! Whilst never a member of your Cavetown Council group, my admiration for all it members is momentous. I continue to fight this battle for a fastidious and open KTC, as I promised Brian Hudson, ex councillor, hours before his passing. Brian was, in my opinion, mercilessly pilloried for many months to an earlier death by some members of the KT hierarchy who had realised he was seriously ill when attending council meetings in his efforts to turn around, what both he and saw as questionable issues of financial conduct, which were never allowed to be questioned in Council chambers. David Samuels PS Mr Forsyth; I had promised Brian I would insist the Audit Commission make detailed enquires of financial and other issues from 2002 onwards and that would include the involvement of a supposedly nonaligned Keighley Police Force in marginalising public complainants of KTC. David Samuels samuels david

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree