Smoke alarm saves elderly couple in Keighley bungalow blaze

A smoke alarm alerted the elderly couple

A smoke alarm alerted the elderly couple

First published in News
Last updated

An elderly couple were saved by a smoke alarm after an electrical fire at their bungalow early this morning.

Fire crews from Keighley and Bingley attended the 3am incident, after the incoming supply box on the side of the building caught alight.

The occupants were already outside the bungalow in Dale View Road, Long Lee, when firefighters arrived, having been alerted by a smoke alarm.

The fire was quickly brought under control and power switched off to enable repairs.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree