Electrical fault sparks Keighley town centre blaze

Fire crews tackled a town centre blaze

Fire crews tackled a town centre blaze

First published in News by

An electrical fault sparked a blaze that damaged the bedroom of a flat in Keighley town centre last night.

Fire crews from Keighley and Shipley were called out at 7.50pm to deal with the incident, at a first-floor apartment in Church Street.

The flat was unoccupied at the time and the fire had been spotted on CCTV.

Firefighters – two wearing breathing apparatus – used a hose reel to bring the blaze under control, and a special ventilation fan was brought in to help clear smoke from the property.

A fire service spokesman said: “We would urge all householders to ensure that their electrics are in good working order.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree