Fire fighters rescue Keighley woman from smoke filled kitchen

Keighley News: Fire fighters rescue Keighley woman from smoke filled kitchen Fire fighters rescue Keighley woman from smoke filled kitchen

Fire fighters broke into a Keighley flat this afternoon to rescue a woman who had suffered a blackout while cooking.

A spokesman for Keighley Fire Station said the 67-year-old woman had fallen unconscious due to a medical condition, and suffered a dislocated shoulder when she fell.

He said a pan on the cooker overheated after she collapsed, triggering off the smoke detectors in the ground floor flat in Emily Street.

The Keighley fire engine, along with an appliance from Bingley, responded to the incident at 3pm.

The Keighley station spokesman said: "The woman had come round by the time we got in, but she'd dislocated her shoulder and couldn't get up.

"We gave her oxygen, then passed her to the paramedics who took her to Airedale Hospital. We used a ventilator to clear the smoke from the flat."

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree