Firefighters rescue Keighley ‘blackout’ woman

Firefighters rescue Keighley ‘blackout’ woman

Firefighters rescue Keighley ‘blackout’ woman

First published in

Firefighters broke into a Keighley flat to rescue a woman who had suffered a blackout while cooking.

A spokesman for Keighley Fire Station said the 67-year-old woman had fallen unconscious due to a medical condition, and suffered a dislocated shoulder when she fell.

A pan on the cooker overheated after she collapsed, triggering off smoke detectors in the ground-floor flat in Emily Street.

The Keighley fire engine, along with an appliance from Bingley, responded to the incident at 3pm on Tuesday.

The Keighley station spokesman said: “The woman had come round by the time we got in, but she’d dislocated her shoulder and couldn’t get up. The flat was locked, so we needed to break in.

“We gave the lady oxygen therapy for about ten minutes, then passed her to the paramedics who took her to Airedale Hospital. We used a ventilator to clear the smoke from the flat.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree