Brazier spark causes blaze in Lawkholme, Keighley

Brazier spark causes blaze in Lawkholme, Keighley

Brazier spark causes blaze in Lawkholme, Keighley

First published in News

Sparks from a brazier caused a fire at a house in Lawkholme.

The Back Caledonia Road property was being renovated, and contractors were working on the building at the time.

A Keighley Fire Station spokesman said the blaze started at about 2pm on Saturday.

The workmen at the house were alerted to the threat by a passer-by.

The Keighley engine and the Bingley appliance both responded, and no one was hurt in the incident.

The spokesman added: “The heat from the fire fractured a gas main, so we remained there until 3.45pm so Northern Gas could switch off the supply. There was damage to window frames on the house, and a wooden door to an outbuilding was completely destroyed.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree