Fire crews fight kitchen blaze in Cross Roads

Keighley News: Kitchen fire in Cross Roads Kitchen fire in Cross Roads

Keighley and Haworth firefighters fought a kitchen blaze in Cross Roads today.

The crews were alerted after the householder returned home to hear smoke alarms coming from inside.

A team wearing breathing apparatus put out the fire, while another team went upstairs to check whether it had spread.

Watch commander Adrian Bairstow, from Keighley fire station, said the building, on Bingley Road, suffered extensive smoke damage.

He said: “The internal doors of the house were open so the toxic black smoke spread through the house.”

The firefighters used a positive pressure fan to clear the smoke from the house, following the 9.20am incident.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical fault.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree