A potty went to the head of a Keighley tot – and got firmly stuck!

Family efforts to remove the receptacle from the playful two-year-old’s head failed, and the fire service was called.

Firefighters cut through the plastic potty to bring relief to the boy, who was none the worse for his ordeal.

“We tried manipulating the potty off but in the end had to cut it,” said a fire service spokesman.

“It was one of our more unusual calls!”

One crew from Keighley fire station attended the incident, in Braithwaite Walk, at about 11.30am today.