Moped burst into flames in Haworth

Moped burst into flames in Haworth

Moped burst into flames in Haworth

First published in News

An electrical fault caused a moped to burst into flames in Haworth.

Keighley Fire Station watch commander, Andy Quinn, said the machine was engulfed in flames shortly before 3.30pm last Wednesday.

He said the fire began while the owner was starting the moped, though added the owner had not been injured.

The Keighley-based fire engine responded to the blaze, which was in Heathcliffe Mews, off Rawdon Road, Haworth.

“The moped was completely gutted,” said Mr Quinn. “It was still on fire when we got there.

“We had it out in about five minutes. There was also some slight charring caused to an outside bin storage.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree