Firefighters tackle attic blaze in Stockbridge, Keighley

Keighley News: Attic fire in Stockbridge Attic fire in Stockbridge

Firefighters from Keighley and Bingley tackled a blaze in the attic of a house in Stockbridge yesterday.

Crews were called to the house Bradford Road at around 6pm after the householders came home and heard the smoke alarm sounding.

A spokesman for Keighley Fire Station said the fire, believed to be caused by an electrical fault, had been smouldering through the afternoon.

He added: “They were quite lucky, they’d been out for the majority of the day while the fire had been been developing. They did the right thing by getting out of the house and calling us.“

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree