Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting KNEWS to 80360, or email
Man rescued from smoke-logged bungalow
9:28am Saturday 11th August 2012 in News
A man has been rescued by firefighters from a kitchen blaze at his Keighley home today.
Crews at Keighley station were alerted by an automatic alarm at the man’s bungalow in Otley Street at about 7am and had to break their way in through a side door.
The elderly occupant was found asleep in his bed and had to be carried to safety and given oxygen at the scene.
The bungalow was smoke-logged after a pan burned out on the cooker.
Watch commander Chris Hannah said: “If it had been another five or ten minutes later the outcome might have been very different. He’s a lucky man.”