Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting KNEWS to 80360, or email
Firefighters tackle flat blaze
Firefighters tackled a blaze at a Keighley flat last night.
The fire, at a property in Aireworth Street, was caused by a pan being left unattended on a cooking hob.
Two crews from Keighley fire station were called out at 8pm.
Watch commander Darren Armstrong said damage to the flat was minimal and no one was in at the time.
He stressed the importance of having functioning smoke alarms fitted and said people should also ensure internal doors are kept closed to help contain any fire.
He added people can have a free fire safety check of their home carried out by contacting their local fire station.