Firefighters called out to smoke-logged Keighley house

Firefighters used a thermal image camera to identify the cause of smoke which filled part of a house in Sandygate, Keighley, early this morning.

Crews discovered that a central heating pump had overheated, melting a rubber mounting block.

They disconnected the power supply to the pump but no other action was required.

Firefighters from Keighley and Bingley were called out to the incident, at 2.30am.

The occupants had been alerted by a smoke alarm and safely evacuated the property.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree