Keighley fire crew called to smoke-logged climbing centre

A Keighley fire crew was called out to The Climbing Barn

A Keighley fire crew was called out to The Climbing Barn

First published in Keighley
Last updated
by

A climbing and activity centre at Crossflatts was smoke logged this afternoon when cardboard caught fire.

A crew from Keighley Fire Station used a special ventilation fan to help clear The Climbing Barn of fumes.

Firefighters were alerted at 4.40pm.

“An electric fan heater had set the cardboard alight,” said a fire service spokesman.

“Staff had put out the fire when we arrived and the building was safely evacuated.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree