Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Staveley Grove at Ingrow, in Keighley, on Friday morning.

Chimney fire in Ingrow

Chimney fire in Ingrow

First published in Keighley
Last updated
by

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Staveley Grove at Ingrow on Friday morning.

Householders were alerted when smoke began to come out of the fireplace just before noon.

Firefighters cleared the grate and stripped back woodwork behind the fireplace so they could douse the flames with water.

A spokesman for Keighley Fire Station said debris had fallen down the chimney into the fireplace.

He said: “My advice would be that anyone with a real fire or a wood burning stove should get their chimney swept regularly.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree