Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Staveley Grove at Ingrow on Friday morning.

Householders were alerted when smoke began to come out of the fireplace just before noon.

Firefighters cleared the grate and stripped back woodwork behind the fireplace so they could douse the flames with water.

A spokesman for Keighley Fire Station said debris had fallen down the chimney into the fireplace.

He said: “My advice would be that anyone with a real fire or a wood burning stove should get their chimney swept regularly.”