Passer-by alerts workmen after spark from brazier sets Keighley house on fire

Keighley News: Passer-by alerts workmen after spark from brazier sets Keighley house on fire Passer-by alerts workmen after spark from brazier sets Keighley house on fire

Sparks from a brazier caused a fire at a house in Lawkholme.

The house in Back Caledonia Road was being renovated and contractors were working on the property at the time.

A spokesman for Keighley Fire Station said the fire started at about 2pm on April 5. The workmen at the house were alerted to the threat by a passer-by.

The Keighley engine and the Bingley appliance both responded, and no one was hurt in the incident.

The spokesman added: “The heat from the fire fractured a gas main, so we remained there until 3.45pm so Northern Gas could switch off the supply. There was damage to window frames on the house, and a wooden door to an outbuilding was completely destroyed.”

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree