Fire crews tackle Haworth garage fire

Garage fire in Haworth

Garage fire in Haworth

First published in Keighley

A suspected short circuit in a light fitting sparked a fire in a garage in Haworth.

Haworth and Keighley fire fighters responded to the incident at a detached house in Bamlett Brow at 9.15pm last night.

Watch commander Steve Moorhouse, of Keighley Fire Station, said: "The Haworth fire engine had got there before us. There was smoke coming from the garage.

"It looked like an electrical light fitting had short circuited and some melted plastic had dripped onto some rags. There were some motorbikes in the garage, but they weren't damaged."

He said the attached house had been unoccupied at the time, so fire fighters had broken into the locked garage and quickly extinguished the flames.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree