Microwave fire at Hillworth Lodge in Keighley

Microwave fire in Keighley

Microwave fire in Keighley

First published in Keighley by

FIREFIGHTERS wearing breathing apparatus tackled a fire in a microwave in Keighley yesterday morning.

The crew from Keighley Fire Station put out the small blaze with a bowl of water entering the flat at Hillworth Lodge off Oakworth Road.

The firefighters were called after food inside the microwave caught fire.

The occupant, who is believed to be in his late 50s, was given oxygen by the fire crew then checked by paramedics.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree