Fire crews tackle Ingrow and Braithwaite house fires

Two people suffer smoke inhalation in Keighley house fires

Two people suffer smoke inhalation in Keighley house fires

First published in Keighley
Last updated

A man and a woman were treated for smoke inhalation following two separate Keighley house fires last night and early this morning.

Fire crews from Keighley and Bingley stations were called to the first incident shortly after 10pm yesterday.

The kitchen of a house in Cromer Avenue, Ingrow, was reported to be on fire.

A fire service spokesman said: "Our crews used a hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus and a high powered fan to clear the house of smoke.

"One man in the house suffered slight smoke inhalation, and he was treated at the scene by paramedics."

The second incident was in Braithwaite Avenue, shortly before 5.20am today, and again involved a kitchen fire.

The fire service spokesman added: "A pan in the kitchen was involved, and our crews took the pan out into the open.

"One woman from the house suffered slight smoke inhalation, and was taken to hospital by ambulance."

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree