Burning wheat bag injures pensioner in Cross Hills

Burning wheat bag injures pensioner in Cross Hills

Burning wheat bag injures pensioner in Cross Hills

First published in Keighley by

A WHEAT bag burning in a microwave caused an elderly woman to suffer smoke inhalation in the early hours of Friday morning.

Keighley firemen were called to sheltered accommodation in Townend Close, Cross Hills where the wheat bag, sometimes used as an alternative to a hot water bottle, had become singed and smokey in the microwave.

Paramedics attended the 1am incident at 1am and the elderly woman was treated at the scene.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree