Bradley needed extra time but they are through to the semi-finals of the Mastab’s Craven League Division Two Cup.

The score was 1-1 at the end of 90 minutes at home to Skipton LMS Reserves but they netted the vital second in the extra period to book a home tie against table-topping AFC Colne.

On a difficult pitch, Bradley started brightly but were hit by a breakaway, Thomas Hunter putting LMS ahead.

The visitors kept up the pressure but a good save by James Monkhouse from another quick break woke Bradley up.

Tony Piotrowicz’s team then started playing some good football, putting LMS on the back foot, and a goal from the hard-working Robert Watson levelled the game before half-time.

Bradley dominated after the break, creating chance after chance, but the LMS goalkeeper had an exceptional game and that, plus some poor finishing, led to extra-time.

The hosts again dominated but a 25-yard shot from the outstanding Dawid Jaz, which hit the crossbar, was the closest they came and it looked as if a penalty shoot-out would be needed.

However, a cross from Ian Wellock found Watson in the area and, after a scramble, he managed to poke the ball into the net for the winner.

LMS had one more opportunity but Monkhouse athletically pushed the ball onto the bar and over.

Piotrowicz said: “We worked very hard on a difficult pitch and it was a good all-round performance from front to back.”

The other semi-final pairs the winners of the outstanding quarter-final between Cononley Sports Reserves and Bingley Town against Earby Town Reserves.

Settle United Reserves stayed in sixth place in Division Three after a 3-2 home defeat against Sporting Keighley, who boosted their chances of a second-successive promotion.

However, it was United who started the brighter, dominating possession for the opening ten minutes on what was a poor pitch, and going into the lead after an error by Sporting Keighley right back Habib Aslam.

His short pass was intercepted and United’s striker fired home from just outside the area.

But from then on it was all the visitors, a neat one-two between left back Rashad Ali and right winger Sikander Hussain leading to the latter being fouled in the area.

Man of the match Aaran Abbas kept his cool from the spot to make it 1-1, and they took the lead just before half-time from another one-two –this time between Ali and Shazaib Hussain on the left.

It left the latter one-on-one with the keeper and, despite it being a tight angle, an excellent finish put Sporting Keighley in the lead.

In the second half, Sporting kept the pressure on, and when Abbas got the ball from substitute Rohbaan Rashid just outside the area, he had three defenders in front of him but dribbled past them before slotting home an excellent individual goal.

Sporting made two more substitutions to freshen things up but Settle kept going until the end and got a deserved second goal to make it a nervy last five minutes for the visitors - but they held on.

Pedro Quintas and Sam Woodrow were on target for Settle, while Sporting Keighley climbed from fifth to fourth.

Grassington United improved their hopes of a third-place finish in Division One by denying leaders Earby Town victory.

Man of the match Jeremy Gee and Nigel Wood netted for United in a 2-2 draw, Earby’s man of the match Daniel Ibbetson and Paul Oldroyd replying as they failed to win for only the third time in 14 matches.

However, what must feel like a long season continued for basement club Embsay Reserves, who lost 4-0 at eighth-placed Pendle and have still only picked up one point.

Trawden Celtic became only the fifth confirmed quarter-finalists in the Northern Plant Hire Trophy on the back of a 9-3 victory at Pendle Renegades.

Thomas Swindells was their chief destroyer with a hat-trick, other goals coming from Jonathan Crabtree, Billy Crawshaw, Thomas Farthing, Benjamin Gorman, Ben Mousley and substitute Jack Haigh.

Matthew Bowker (2) and their man of the match Owen Pearson were on target for the Renegades.

Polonia Patson ensured they stayed in the mix for promotion in Division Four with a 2-0 home victory over Horton.

Only two points separate second place from fourth with seven games to play, and leaders Manningham All Stars also still within reach.

Polonia climbed from fifth to third thanks to goals from man of the match Mirdstaw Bak after 65 minutes and Lukasz Daildzic 13 minutes later.