Hallmark Security League Division One: Silsden 2 Atherton LR 0

IN-FORM Silsden made it 15 points from their last 18 to continue their impressive run-in towards the end of the season.

The Cobbydalers made one change from the team that played 48 hours earlier in the 2-1 win at Holker, Ben Cox replacing Chris Wademan.

The start wasn’t quite what boss Danny Forrest was asking for, with Dan Illingworth misdirecting a pass across his own area but Josh Kaine cleared up.

Ten minutes in, Silsden went in front. Danny Bunch's shot was cleared for a corner, which Mark Trueman curled into the box where Illingworth headed powerfully. Keeper Louis Murray parried the ball but Tom Henderson was on hand to rifle home.

Mark Everingham then saw a shot deflected for a corner before hitting another effort just wide of the far post. Cox almost punished an error by the visitors' defence before Josh Eastwood slid the ball through for Everingham to curl the ball into the net from the edge of the area and make it 2-0 after 25 minutes.

Silsden took their foot off the pedal and were only saved by a point blank save by Callum Jakovlevs from Scott Lawrence.

Twice Eastwood broke through the visitors’ midfield with some tricky footwork as, along with Trueman and Cox, the Yorkshiremen turned on the style but without an end product.

The visitors started the second half brightly and were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty. Silsden responded with Matty Moses breaking up the right and curling a ball into the box but the reaction of the Silsden forwards was too slow.

The game began to open up as players tired following Saturday’s games. Kaine shot from the edge of the LR area before Bunch fired over.

Chris Wademan replaced Henderson and was soon in the action, setting up a shot from Everingham whose effort went wide.

Aaron Davis came on for Cox and soon showed his skills. Wademan burst up the left and slid Davis in, who saw his shot saved by the keeper’s feet.

A minute later Trueman hit the bar with an exquisite chip. Bunch summoned up one last effort but his shot cleared the bar as did Eastwood’s in the final minute.

Many players looked drained by the end, having played two games in three days which included a long journey to Barrow.

But another win keeps the Cobbydalers confident ahead of a tough trip to Alsager on Saturday before travelling to Ashton Town on Tuesday.

SILSDEN: Jakovlevs, Moses, Vincent, Kaine (Storton 85), Illingworth, Trueman, Henderson (Wademan 69), Bunch, Cox (Davis 73), Everingham.