Oxenhope 3 East End Park 1

OXENHOPE came back from being a goal down in the first minute of the game to win with an attacking second-half performance.

The fightback was fired by a stunning hat-trick from Leon Smith.

The Leeds side got off to a flyer scoring in their first attack, breaking down the left, the ball was swung across into the box and bundled in.

After this setback, it took time for Oxenhope to settle but eventually they began to find their rhythm and hit the visitors on the break with Smith, Tom Marshall and Jacob Polignone all going close. The best chance of the half fell to Dan Moriarty, running onto a long ball and with only the keeper to beat he fired wide of the target.

As the game developed it became a battle between the quick, passing football of the home side against the height and physical strength of their opponents.

Early in the second period Oxenhope took their first chance, a corner fired in from the right by Moriarty was turned in clinically by Smith. Minutes later the home side took the lead, good work down the flank by Polignone was finished with a pass to Moriarty, he fed Smith with a first time pass to flick the ball past the keeper. Oxenhope now played with confidence as they sprayed passes round the field and wide players Tom Marshall and young Polignone were a constant threat with their dribbling skills.

After 70 minutes Marshall jinked his way down the left past two defenders, squared the ball to Smith who made no mistake to fire the ball into the net for his hat-trick.

He went close to claiming his fourth when Polignone crossed but this time the striker’s shot skimmed the crossbar.

Oxenhope went on to see the game out and collect only their second win of their season, after a slow start to life in Division One

This Saturday they travel to Howden Clough (2.30pm).

Alliance Division One

Robin Hood Reserves 4 Oxenhope Reserves 1

OXENHOPE travelled to Robin Hood with a youthful squad which included five lads who have coming

through last years under 18 set up.

Oxenhope started bright with Connor Pepper and Will Lee testing the Robin Hood goalkeeper. However, it was Robin hood who took the lead after 15-minute when the Oranges’ defence misjudged a long ball over the top leaving the Robin Hood striker one on one with Nelson

and he calmly placed the ball in the bottom corner.

Oxenhope should have levelled the score several times in the first half with all their attacking player missing good chances. Both the post and the bar came to Robin Hood’s aid.

Robin Hood doubled their lead late in the first half, when their right-winger broke free and whipped in a cross to an unmarked player who nodded the ball home.

Oxenhope pushed to get themselves back into the game in the second half but continued to miss their chances.

Eventually they opened their account when substitute Lister found himself with the ball at his feet and he prodded the ball home after a scramble in the goalmouth.

As Oxenhope pushed for the equaliser Robin Hood made the game safe with two further goals.