FARSLEY Celtic gained swift retribution in their quick turnaround against Stalybridge Celtic as they beat their visitors in the Evo-Stik League Premier Division, just three days after losing at the Cheshire club in the Emirates FA Cup.

However, Farsley only came out on top of a pulsating game by having the last say in a nine-goal thriller at Throstle Nest.

Stalybridge got off to a great start as Theo Bailey-Jones netted in the opening minutes, Alex Honeywell scored soon after and Bailey-Jones netted his second to put the visitors 3-0 up after just 19 minutes.

Farsley’s Ben Atkinson began the fightback midway through the first half, and James Walshaw added another to leave the home side just 3-2 down at the break.

It got worse after the interval as Stalybridge’s former Guiseley and Park Avenue striker Liam Dickinson extended the visitors’ lead with a well-struck, low free-kick.

A blistering shot from Isaac Baldwin then reduced the arrears before Walshaw added his second to make it all square, Kurt Harris netted Farsley’s winner when he steered home Ryan Watson’s low 74th-minute free-kick.

Brighouse Town were beaten 5-2 by ten-man Glossop North End on their trip to the Derbyshire club in Evo-Stik Division One North.

The home side had Liam Brownhill dismissed early on after a foul, and Dan Grimshaw netted the resulting 11th-minute penalty, but Glossop soon hit back and were a goal to the good after just 19 minutes following a rapid brace from Callum Chippendale.

Adam Jones and Jude Oyibo both scored for the depleted hosts before the break.

Ten minutes into the second half, Grimshaw cut the deficit with a second spot-kick but Ben Deegan netted in the 71st minute to give Glossop a nap hand.

Liversedge were unceremoniously dumped out of the Emirates FA Cup as they were beaten 4-0 at home by Sunderland Ryhope CA.

It was a disastrous second half for Jonathan Rimmington’s men as they trailed by just the one goal at the break, but an unfortunate own goal put the skids under them and they were forced to play 20 minutes with ten men after Steve Wales was injured when all three substitutes had been used.

Sedge had brought the first qualifying round tie back to Clayborn after a goalless draw in the north east on Saturday, but they couldn’t make that advantage pay, and the Northern League side will visit Steve Kittrick’s Scarborough Athletic in the next round a week on Saturday.

Joe Hughes claimed his second hat-trick of the season as Thackley improved their league placing against Bottesford Town in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division thanks to a 4-0 home win.

Hughes opened the scoring early in the second half, and Dan Broadbent doubled the home side’s lead 18 minutes from time before Hughes completed his treble late on.

Silsden extended their 100 per cent start to the season in Hallmark Security League Division One and opened up a four-point gap at the summit with a seventh successive victory.

The Cobbydalers beat mid-table visitors Atherton LR 2-0 with goals in each half.

Nicky McNally broke the deadlock midway through the first period and Joe Gaughan netted a last-minute second.

Tonight mid-table Albion Sports hosting high-flying Hemsworth Miners' Welfare in the NCEL top tier, while in Division One, Campion, who are a lofty third after a decent start to the campaign, travel to a Winterton Rangers side that are in the bottom half of the table.