BRIGHOUSE Town are still second from bottom of the Flexible Football West Riding County FA Under-21 Floodlit League, League, despite their 1-0 win against i2i International Academy.

In a very even game, the turning point came in the 60th minute when Brighouse goalkeeper George Clarke saved a penalty.

Town immediately broke to the other end of the pitch and Jacob Buchanan grabbed the winner. Louis Hepplestone was man of the match for Brighouse.

Silsden had Chris Wademan (2), Aaron Davis and Luke Baldwin on target in their 6-4 defeat against Hemsworth Miners' Welfare.

The Cobbydalers then lost 3-1 at home to Ossett Town.

Town took the lead in the tenth minute but Silsden equalised through Luke Baldwin with a fine 20-yard, left-foot shot to leave the scores level at half-time.

Ossett restored their lead straight after the break, and made the game safe with another goal.

Silsden's manager Paul Evans said: "After we played well in the first half, some enforced changes due to injuries disrupted the flow of the game.

"To be honest, our overall performance was below par in comparison with our last few games."

The Knaresborough Town v Campion match was abandoned in the first minute due to a serious knee injury to a Town player.

The Thackley v Goole game was postponed because the Dennyfield pitch was played on the previous night by the first team, and the Dennyboys don't want to overuse their pitch.

Eccleshill United have been knocked off the top of the Northern Alliance Under-19 League following their 3-2 defeat at home to Shelley.

The visitors scored in the 14th minute but Eccleshill responded in style when Kevin Pedro weaved his way before unleashing a shot into the top corner.

Shelley regained their lead in the 66th minute with a thunderous free- kick, but United equalised straight away when Pedro cut the ball back for Taheed Ahmed to score.

Eccleshill thought they had done enough to earn a point but Shelley had other ideas and grabbed the winner in the 85th minute.

Bradford Park Avenue had Hassan Ali and an own goal on target in their 3-2 defeat at home to Shelley.

Avenue then suffered a 4-1 defeat at the Horsfall Stadium against AFC Emley in front of Avenue first-team boss Mark Bower.

Emley took the lead in the first ten minutes, and Avenue’s shape, on- pitch communication and hard work was non-existent as their visitors took a 3-0 lead into the half-time break.

The visitors went further in front before a great finish from Bradley Oliver gave Avenue a late consolation.

In a game of few positives for Avenue, there were good performances from Ross Boyle, Jack Carter and Thomas Conlon.

This was Emley's first win of the season and enabled them to overtake Avenue, who are now bottom.