WHARFEDALE & District FA Challenge Cup holders Baildon Trinity Athletic bowed out after a 5-0 home defeat against Ilkley Town - after extra-time!

Ilkley created the first real chance of the match but Baildon goalkeeper Dave Naylor quickly came off his line to deny a goal.

Baildon had to endure a series of corners, and centre back Graham Carney was outstanding in clearing most of the attacks.

Trinity had a chance late on to steal the tie from a corner, but Carney's header was smothered in the penalty box.

With the tie heading towards extra-time, Baildon's Lee Rands made a rash challenge inside the penalty area but Naylor dived low to his right to superbly turn Lee Spires' spot-kick round the post.

Within the first minute of extra-time, Ilkley finally found their way through a dogged Trinity defence via Toby Harris.

With Baildon pushing for an equaliser and their legs tiring, Ilkley found more space, and the floodgates opened, with Spires (97, 100 and 113) and Harris (112) netting.

Baildon can hold their heads up high, however, after a strong showing against a very good Ilkley team, who are two divisions above them.

Wyke Wanderers Reserves suffered a 2-1 defeat against Hall Green United Reserves in West Yorkshire League Alliance Division Two.

Wyke started well and should have gone ahead but Alex Hornby's effort wenr wide from two yards.

Wanderers were playing all the good football but gave away a silly free- kick, which Hall Green converted to take the lead.

It didn’t take long for Wanderers to equalise when Karl Fawcett crossed for Abel Mariwahdi to score.

Wyke dominated the second half but a lapse in concentration led to United scoring at the far post.

Dave Ryan, Wyke's secretary, said: “Their goalkeeper kept us from equalising and we should have got something from the game."

Wyke Wanderers first-team's Heavy Woollen & District FA Wheatley Cup against Old Batelians was cancelled because their opponents couldn’t raise a team.

Wanderers will now play at Drighlington in the quarter-finals.

Wyke won 4-0 at Kippax in their latest outing to remain top of Division One.

Matt Conway put Wyke ahead early on, and Ryan Clay slotted home their second and Martyn Hall a third.

The match was sealed when Sibu Moyo netted with a tremendous 25-yarder.

The Bradford & District FA Challenge Cup match between Field and Salts was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Hollingwood Lane.

* The West Yorkshire League's reign as FA Inter-League Cup holders came to a seift end when they were defeated 3-2 at Liverpool.

After an evenly balanced first half, Liverpool took the lead with two goals either side of the break.

West Yorkshire replied immediately with a strong header from Adam Dutson, and James Allen then levelled the tie but the match was decided in stoppage time with a breakaway goal.