Keighley Cup first round: Oxenhope Rec 5 FC Sporting Keighley 2

OXENHOPE eased their way into the quarter-finals with a comfortable victory over Craven League Premier Division side FC Sporting, with striker Lee Reilly bagging all five goals.

The West Yorkshire League side found themselves two up in the first ten minutes, Owen Williamson laying the ball into Reilly who carved his way through the defence before slotting in.

Soon after he notched his second, weaving his way past two defenders and waiting for the keeper to move before placing the ball into the opposite corner.

Oxenhope were now in full flow but Reilly was thwarted on two more occasions with smart saves by Sporting keeper Dawood Quyam.

Tom Marshall was next to try his luck, cutting in from the left before hitting the post. On 20 minutes Reilly completed his hat-trick after good work from Dan Scott and Williamson. Reilly twisted and turned defenders before confidently picking his spot.

Scott Nelson and James Gill both hit the woodwork before Sporting gave themselves hope when Oxenhope keeper Stu Devlin committed himself too soon to a through ball. He came hurtling off his line, only to have the ball flicked over his head and looped into the net.

Five minutes later Oxenhope restored their three-goal advantage when Marshall’s corner from the left was headed goalwards by Scott for Reilly to add the finishing touch.

The home side resumed their dominance after the break. Gill’s cross found the head of Luke Scott but Quyam turned the ball round the post.

Ten minutes into the second period man of the match Reilly claimed his fifth. Marshall jinked his way past two defenders before rolling the ball to the in-form striker to hit it first time.

Sporting never gave up and were rewarded with a second break-away goal on 80 minutes. In the next round Oxenhope are away to Cross Hills in January.

Next Saturday they entertain Howden Clough in the league (2pm).

Oxenhope: Devlin, Scott D, Ward, Longley, Scott L, White (Bailey E), Gill, Williamson (Polignone)(Snowden), Reilly, Nelson S, Marshall.

West Yorkshire League Alliance Division One: East End Park Reserves 1 Oxenhope Reserves 5

Oxenhope completed a double over their hosts, Will Lee hitting the bar with a header from a Luke Fleetwood cross and Joel Gallagher narrowly missing the target.

Oxenhope took the lead when Tom Duffin played in Danny Makinson, who played the ball out to James Bailey. He created space and whipped in a delightful ball to Liam Dyson to put away. Oxenhope doubled their advantage when skipper Rob Pullan intercepted the ball and passed to Keann Shaw, who dinked it over the defence for Gallagher to place it past the keeper.

Early in the second half defender Karl Wellard outmuscled a home striker and played the ball out to Dyson, who cut it back for Lee to slot home.

The home side got back into the game from a deflected free-kick but midway through the half under-18s debutant Jacob Scott won the ball and played in Lee, who threaded a pass

to Gallagher and he chipped the ball into the far corner.

Oxenhope made it five when youngster Keann Potts switched play out to Paul Quinlan, who cut in before being brought down on the edge of the area and Lee stepped up to fire in the free-kick.

The win kept the reserves in sixth place. This Saturday they travel to Carlton Reserves (2pm).