SILSDEN boss Danny Forrest will be expecting his players to get back to winning ways on Boxing Day when they host struggling Chadderton in Hallmark Security League Division One.

The Cobbydalers are still way out in front but they had their lead at the summit cut to nine points after a damaging 3-0 defeat at second-placed Litherland REMYCA.

It was fitting that the Liverpool-based hosts’ first goal was scored by a man named after one of the original Fab Four.

Lennon Whewell broke the deadlock ten minutes before the interval, and Colin McDonald added the home side’s second on the stroke of half-time.

The scoring was wrapped up by Stephen Ferrigan in the dying minutes to complete a bad day for the Cobbydalers.

Tuesday's visitors Chaddy were also beaten yesterday, going down 3-1 at home to promotion-chasing AFC Blackpool.

In the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Division One there was a surprise result at the Mitton Groups Stadium as Eccleshill United had to settle for a point against struggling Nostell Miners' Welfare.

The visitors opened the scoring through Declan Welford, and although the Eagles hit back though Matt Stor, it was Nostell who led at the interval after Ryan Poskitt and Jack Owen both netted to make it 3-1.

Sean Regan’s men were resurgent in the second half but although they rescued a point, thanks to goals from Antony Brown and Jonny Irving, they couldn’t complete the comeback.

Campion were also given a scare as they had to come back twice against basement boys Brigg Town.

Following a goalless first half, the home side finally broke the deadlock through Jonny Nicholls before Jason Davis levelled.

The Zebras went in front again, with Ryan Thompson on target, but Graham Hall’s last-minute strike gained the black and reds a point.

In the top tier, Albion Sports cruised to a 6-1 victory at rock-bottom Clipstone, courtesy of a four timer from striker Danny Facey.

The Lions’ Aaron Gaur broke the deadlock in the seventh minute and Facey netted his first midway through the first half.

Facey had bagged his brace before Tom Blaney pegged one back for the hosts.

Kesiolu Omolokun scored Albion’s fourth and Facey added twice in the last ten minutes.

Liversedge were left cursing their luck when ten-man Pickering Town salvaged a draw after being 2-0 down.

Sedge led 1-0 at the break against their fourth-placed hosts and doubled their advantage early in the second half, with Rhys Davies bagging a brace.

But the Pikes hit back through Ryan Blott, who was later sent off, and Billy Logan, who snatched a stoppage-time equaliser.