KEIGHLEY Cougars fell to a fourth defeat of the season as Barrow Raiders took the spoils with a stunning 58-42 victory.

A total of 17 tries were scored on a pulsating evening at Cougar Park, with Barrow’s first half performance proving enough to seal the victory despite a Cougars' rally either side of the interval.

The Raiders took a 12-point into the break despite knowing that it should have been a wider margin.

Joe Bullock opened the scoring as he crashed over following a couple of contentious decision from referee Andy Sweet. However, Cougars soon drew level as Brendon Rawlins pounced on a Matty Beharrell grubber.

Barrow then turned on the style to race into a 24-point lead as Lewis Charnock grabbed himself a 16-minute hat-trick either side of Shane Toal diving into the corner for his first of the evening.

A Karl Ashall penalty, following a high tackle, seemed to give Raiders full control of the match but the Cougars responded again.

Following four consecutive penalties, Matthew Bailey raced over from close range before Emmerson Whittel marked his comeback from injury with a try, pouncing on a spilt ball.

Luke Cresswell scored from a free play following the restart despite the best efforts of Davey Dixon to prevent him scoring. But the Cougars kept in the game as Rawlins put a kick up in the air and Harry Aaronson touched down in the corner.

Barrow took the game by the scruff of the neck when Shane Toal pounced on his own grubber before Ryan Fieldhouse raced over unchallenged from a scrum.

The Cougars though continued to keep themselves in the game as they grabbed another two quickfire tries.

Scott Law exploited a gap in the Raiders defensive line to race through before Mike Emmett crossed in similar fashion as both sides tired.

Shane Toal dived over to complete his hat-trick, but a grandstand finish was threatened as Rawlins threw a couple of great dummy passes to enable himself to weave over.

Sean Kelly was then dismissed for a challenge in the air. However, Dan Toal amazingly didn’t follow suit.

Charnock had the final say when the Raiders made their way downfield from the resulting penalty as he raced in for his fourth score and the final try of a manic League One clash.