(ENFIELD ROAD, ACCRINGTON, HYNDBURN BOROUGH) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF THROUGH TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021Notice ID: WAR2100496
LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
(ENFIELD ROAD, ACCRINGTON, HYNDBURN BOROUGH) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF THROUGH TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Lancashire County Council have made an Order under Section 14(1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit traffic on the roads set out in this notice.
1. No person shall cause any motor vehicle to proceed over that length of Enfield Road, Accrington from its junction with Highbreak Terrace for a distance of 40 metres in a westerly direction.
2. Nothing in this order shall apply to persons engaged in the carrying out of the works.
3. The prohibition will be operative from 2330 hours on Saturday 5th June 2021 until 0730 hours on Sunday 6th June 2021 or until completion of the works within this period.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic (except HGVs) affected by the closure is via:-
PROSPECT TERRACE - STATION ROAD - LOWER GATE ROAD - HIGHER GATE -HIGHER GATE ROAD - BURNLEY ROAD A679 - BOLTON AVENUE AND VICE VERSA
5. An alternative route for HGVs affected by the closure is via:-
PROSPECT TERRACE - STATION ROAD - LOWER GATE ROAD - HIGHER GATE -HIGHER GATE ROAD - BURNLEY ROAD A679 - PENNY HOUSE LANE B6237 - QUEEN ROAD B6237 - WHALLEY ROAD A679 AND VICE VERSA
The temporary prohibition is necessary to allow rail corrosion inspection works to be carried out.
Authority given for this Order to be made:
Regulation and Enforcement Manager
Highways and Transport
0300 123 6780