A MOTORIST used a foam extinguisher to tackle a fire which broke out beneath the dashboard of his vehicle.

Firefighters were called to the scene, in Belgrave Road, Keighley, at about 10pm yesterday but the blaze was out on arrival.

The driver of the Vauxhall Vectra was uninjured.

It is believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

"The driver had dealt with it when we got there – we checked the vehicle and isolated the battery," said Keighley fire service watch commander Michael Rhodes.