FIRE ripped through the bedroom of a first-floor flat.

Firefighters wore six breathing-apparatus sets and used two hosereel jets to tackle the blaze.

Thermal imaging cameras were also brought in.

The fire service was alerted to the incident – at High Street, Sutton-in-Craven – at 8.30pm yesterday.

Two crews from Skipton, and one each from Settle and Grassington, attended.

They spent about two hours at the scene.

Around ten per cent of the property was fire damaged, and the whole premises was smoke-logged.

No one was injured.

It is believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.