A FIRE in a Keighley chip shop spread to an upstairs flat this morning.

Keighley and Bingley fire crews were called to Oxford Fisheries on Oakworth Road after ducting caught fire in an extractor fan.

A Keighley Fire Station spokesman said: “When we arrived everyone was already evacuated. The fire had affected the flat upstairs.”

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to fight the fire, and had to break through walls and a ceiling to expose the ducting so they could reach the flames.