A MAN was stripped naked and “systematically and sadistically beaten to death” while his torment was filmed on his captors’ phones, a murder trial jury heard today.

Mohammed Feazan Ayaz, known as Fizzy, was tortured, humiliated and beaten for entertainment before his body was dumped in Saffron Drive, Allerton, Bradford, it is alleged.

Bradford Crown Court heard that Mr Ayaz, 20, of Duckworth Grove, Manningham, Bradford, was filmed begging the men to “just let him die.”

Five defendants are on trial denying the murder of Mr Ayaz who was last seen by his friends being dropped off at the Denholme Business Centre in Halifax Road, Denholme, late on June 30 last year.

The men are: Suleman Khan, 20, of Sandford Road, Bradford Moor, Bradford; Robert Wainwright, 26, of Mannville Terrace, Bradford City Centre; Junaid Hussain, 28, of Silverhill Road, Bradford Moor; Raheel Khan, 27, of no fixed address; and Stephen Queeney, 34, of Junction Row, Bolton Road, Bradford.

Shaoib Shafiq, 20, of Gladstone Street, Bradford Moor, and a 17-year-old Bradford youth, who cannot be named because of his age, plead not guilty to assisting an offender.

This afternoon, Richard Wright QC began outlining the case for the prosecution to the jury.

He said that Mr Ayaz’s naked body was found in Saffron Drive just before 4am on July 1.

His family had last seen him when he left home with friends in a red Vauxhall Corsa the previous evening.

Mr Ayaz was dropped off at the business centre to deliver cannabis, cigarettes and bottles of water to the defendant Raheel Khan, known as Rally, it was stated.

The court heard that Raheel Khan had been using the business centre as a hideout. He was wanted by the police and spent his time at Unit 2, an essentially empty industrial space, smoking cannabis, dealing drugs and listening to music “away from prying eyes.”

“During the evening of the 30th June, into the early hours of the 1st July, it served another purpose. It became a cell for Mohammed Feazan Ayaz in which, over the course of several hours, he was systematically and sadistically beaten to death on the concrete floor of that room.

“He was stripped naked by his captors, he was tortured and humiliated, and he was beaten for the entertainment of those who were present.

“So proud were they of what they were doing to him that, on several occasions, they used their mobile telephones to film him in his torment, capturing even a moment in which he begged them to just let him die.”

Among his “myriad of injuries” Mr Ayaz suffered a massive head injury caused by a sustained beating.

“He either died on the floor of Unit 2, in the boot of the car that was summoned and used to transport away his body, or when dumped naked at the roadside on Saffron Drive. But whichever it was, he entered that Unit uninjured on the 30th June and left it having sustained fatal injuries,” Mr Wright said.

He alleged that all those present in Unit 2 that night bore criminal responsibility for Mr Ayaz’s death.

Mr Wright continued: “You may wonder what Mohammed Feazan Ayaz had done to warrant an attack of this brutality being perpetuated upon him.”

Only the defendants could explain why they treated him with such sadistic violence over such a protracted period of time.

Some explanations included that he was “drunk and gobby and winding up some of those present.”

The jury was told that Raheel Khan had pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter.

“The prosecution says that he used extreme violence on Feazan, he was responsible for having the attack filmed and he orchestrated much of the violence and moving and dumping of the body at the roadside,” Mr Wright said.

Suleman Khan is said to have repeatedly punched Mr Ayaz in the corridor at the business centre and dragged his body back inside.

Wainwright, known as Bobby, is said to have joined in the violence and engaged in the humiliation of Mr Ayaz by urinating on his body as he lay dying.

Junaid Hussain lent strength in numbers and encouraged the others to continue the assault, it is alleged.

Queeney worked at the business centre and also lent his support to the attack, Mr Wright said. He then brought materials to help to clean up the blood.

Shafiq drove away a car with the body in the boot and helped to dump it by the roadside, it is claimed. The youth aged 17 was brought in to help the clean-up and move the body, Mr Wright alleged.

The court heard that Mr Ayaz had extensive facial and head injuries, and across his buttocks, lower back and the tops of his thighs were areas of a white substance that had adhered to the skin. It was examined by a scientist who concluded it was molten plastic that had dried and cooled on the skin.

Mr Wright said that a brandy bottle found at the rear of the unit had faecal staining around its neck.

“From that staining, the DNA profile of the deceased, Feazan, was obtained. This finding was entirely consistent with that bottle having been forced into his anus in the course of the attack on him,” he said.

The jury heard that a determined effort had been made to clean up evidence of what had happened to Feazan there. Parts of the walls had been freshly painted, the floor had been mopped with chemicals and items had been removed from inside the unit and thrown into skips at the back.

The trial continues.