A YOUNG man stripped naked, tortured and beaten to death had pattern bruising on his head consistent with it being stamped on, a murder trial heard yesterday.

Mohammed Feazan Ayaz died from a traumatic brain injury caused by “a significant degree of physical force,” neuropathologist Dr Daniel du Plessis told Bradford Crown Court.

He was detailing the head injuries suffered by Mr Ayaz, known as Fizzy, whose naked body was dumped in Saffron Drive, Allerton, Bradford, on July 1 last year.

The jury has seen phone videos of Mr Ayaz, 20, of Duckworth Grove, Manningham, Bradford, being humiliated and attacked in Unit 2 at the Denholme Business Centre, Halifax Road, Denholme, in the hours before his death.

He was allegedly assaulted with feet, fists, a stick and a bottle before being driven to Saffron Drive covered in a curtain and thrown into the road.

On trial denying his murder are: Raheel Khan, 27, of no fixed address; Suleman Khan, 20, of Sandford Road, Bradford Moor, Bradford; Robert Wainwright, 26, of Mannville Terrace, Bradford City Centre; Junaid Hussain, 28, of Silverhill Road, Bradford Moor; and Stephen Queeney, 34, of Junction Row, Bolton Road, Bradford.

Raheel Khan, nicknamed Rally, has admitted manslaughter.

Shaoib Shafiq, 20, of Gladstone Street, Bradford Moor, and a 17-year-old Bradford youth, who cannot be named because of his age, plead not guilty to assisting an offender.

The court has heard that Mr Ayaz had 70 sites of injury to his body.

Dr du Plessis said he had sustained a large pressuring acute subdural hematoma, that is a blood clot on the brain.

“In a healthy individual, it would need a substantial and severe level of force to cause that,” he told the jury.

Dr du Plessis said Mr Ayaz would have had to have fallen heavily, been punched or kicked to the ground, suffered blows to the head with implements or had his head violently and forcibly twisted.

Mr Ayaz had sustained a skull fracture in 2017 but that did not make him more vulnerable to a subdural bleed, the court was told.

Dr du Plessis said that Mr Ayaz would have survived for at least half an hour, and possibly up to four hours, after sustaining the head injury.

He also had bruising on the brain caused by moderate to severe force.

There was diffuse axonal traumatic injury similar to that seen in road accident victims and people who had fallen from a height.

Mr Ayaz could have been struck to the head by a heavy implement or been stamped on, or kicked while on the ground, “with the head twisting as with a football.”

That injury would have rendered him “profoundly unconscious,” Dr du Plessis said.

He concluded that Mr Ayaz was “subject to a significant level of physical force that involved several impacts.”

Pattern bruising on his head could have been caused by it being stamped on.

Later this week, forensic pathologist Dr Kirsten Hope will give her evidence to the court.

The trial continues.