ST Peter’s Church stood at what is now the junction of King Street with South Street in Keighley, near the Woolpack Inn.

The church was formed on St Peter’s Day in 1872 but the congregation originally worshipped in a much smaller iron building.

Construction of the church was funded by weekly subscriptions of a penny or more from parishioners, and through a generous donation of £1,000 from the Duke of Devonshire.

The church was demolished in 1956, although the congregation continued to meet at the Sunday School on nearby Kensington Street until the 1970s.

The site is now the location of a car rental premises.

All images and research are courtesy of Keighley and District Local History Society.

The society has a physical archive of hundreds of items including books and photographs featuring the town and the surrounding area. It arranges guest speakers and visits throughout the year.

For more details visit the society’s website or Facebook page.