A MAN accused of murder told a jury he cried when he learned his alleged victim had died.

Suleman Khan was giving evidence in his defence about the events surrounding the death of Mohammed Feazan Ayaz who was beaten and humiliated at the Denholme Business Centre and his naked body dumped on a Bradford street.

Khan, 20, known as Sully, told Bradford Crown Court of the moment he heard that Mr Ayaz, known as Fizzy, was dead.

“I was crying on the phone and panicking. We were all in a panic and all shocked about what had happened,” he said.

Khan, of Sandford Road, Bradford Moor, Bradford, denies murdering Mr Ayaz in Unit 2 at the business centre overnight between June 30 and July 31 last year.

On trial with him, also denying murder, are Raheel Khan, 27, of no fixed address; Robert Wainwright, 26, of Mannville Terrace, Bradford city centre; Junaid Hussain, 28, of Silverhill Road, Bradford Moor; and Stephen Queeney, 34, of Junction Row, Bolton Road, Bradford.

Shaoib Shafiq, 20, of Gladstone Street, Bradford Moor, Bradford, and a 17-year-old Bradford youth, who cannot be named because of his age, plead not guilty to assisting an offender.

Raheel Khan, known as Rally, has admitted manslaughter.

Yesterday, Suleman Khan said he started working for Raheel Khan’s drug dealing enterprise because he was unemployed and broke.

On June 30, he had drunk Hennessy and taken cannabis and cocaine.

When Fizzy arrived at the unit at 8.30pm, he was drunk and sniffing cocaine. He was loud and getting aggressive, arguing and waving a bottle.

Akaash Rafiq, Rally’s partner in the drug trafficking business, punched Fizzy once and he went headfirst to the floor.

After Raheel had splashed water on him to bring him round, Fizzy said: “Watch what happens now.”

They called him a taxi but he returned to the unit almost straight away, shouting: “I’m going to grass on you all,” and “Watch what I do with these videos.”

The court has heard that film of Raheel Khan having sex was on a phone he had given to Mr Ayaz.

Suleman Khan said he punched Fizzy in the corridor and he was dragged back into the unit.

Raheel then attacked him and stripped him naked.

“Rally was constantly slapping and punching him and kicking him in the face and stamping on him,” Suleman Khan said.

He said he gave commentary on a video of Fizzy being assaulted and humiliated because Raheel told him to.

“I didn’t have a say in anything. I was just doing what I was told to do because I was scared of Rally,” he said.

“I didn’t think he was intending to seriously injure him, just to humiliate him. I was scared. I didn’t want to end up in Fizzy’s shoes.”

Suleman Khan said Rally poured a bottle of urine over Fizzy and Wainwright urinated on him.

“His nose and mouth were bleeding and there was a cut on his head that was bleeding as well,” he said.

He wanted Rally to call an ambulance but he wouldn’t because he was on the run from the police.

The trial continues.