A HOUSEHOLDER had to be given oxygen after inhaling smoke when a shed caught fire.

The man had been burning garden waste when the fire spread to the shed.

One crew from Keighley Fire Station attended the incident, in Broomhill Avenue, Keighley, at about 10pm yesterday.

The firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the blaze and gave the man oxygen.

He was also given a precautionary check by an ambulance crew, but didn't require hospital treatment.

The incident was one of several attended by firefighters last night where controlled burning had spread, but there was no damage to property in the others.