FIREFIGHTERS tackled a bedroom blaze in Keighley this afternoon.

Crews were called out to the semi-detached house, in Shann Crescent, at about 3.10pm.

One occupant was taken to Airedale Hospital as a precautionary measure after inhaling some smoke.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two hose reel water jets to tackle the fire, which they managed to contain to the first-floor bedroom.

It is believed the fire was caused by a lithium battery.

Crews from Keighley, Bingley and Silsden fire stations attended.