Hallmark Security League Division One: Holker Old Boys 1 Silsden 2

SILSDEN'S first victory of their Easter double came thanks to a stoppage-time goal from Mark Trueman.

His venomous shot from outside the box rattled the Holker bar before ending up in the net as the Cobbydalers continued their knack of snatching games at the death.

In the last five games late winners have earned them 12 points out of 15 to push them into the top half of the table.

The home side had more players to select from than for their trip to Charnock Richard in midweek, where they lost 8-0, a result which saw manager Scott Redhead leave the club.

Holker’s last win had been a month ago at home to Sandbach but they did beat the Cobbydalers earlier in the season, 3-1 in the Macron Cup.

Silsden played up the slope against the wind in the first half. The home side had the first chance in the opening minute when Phillip Coombe shot over after a goalmouth scramble. Trueman then went close with a curling free-kick and Chris Wademan shot inches wide.

Mark Everingham put Silsden ahead after 16 minutes when he slotted home from six yards after Matty Moses’ powerful run up the right had freed Tom Henderson, who crossed into the area.

Holker’s Jordan Brough then weaved his way past two defenders before Josh Kaine intervened. Another goalmouth scramble saw Jamie Pattinson waste another chance before Holker equalised with a free-kick from John-Paul Stanway, very similar to Trueman’s winner, leaving Jakovlevs no chance.

Before the break Dan Illingworth headed over and Danny Bunch saw his effort saved while, at the other end, Billy Moss wasted another good chance.

Holker went close twice in the first ten minutes of the second half, while Silsden found it hard to weight their through balls. Henderson failed to convert two half-chances before Morsby denied Eastwood, Everingham and Trueman. Desperate defending from Holker and ill-discipline resulted in three more cautions.

Wademan went close twice, his first effort going inches wide and his second deflected into the arms of the keeper.

It looked like Silsden would have to settle for a point before Trueman’s effort secured victory.

SILSDEN: Jakovlevs, Moses, Vincent, Kaine, Illingworth, Trueman, Henderson, Bunch (Davis 77), Wademan, Everingham.