Silsden u18s 1

Steeton u18s 3

SILSDEN and Steeton agreed to hire a 4G pitch at Sandylands in Skipton to get a game played due to waterlogged pitches.

It was literally a game of two halves as Silsden dominated the first and Steeton dominated the second.

Steeton nearly scored after 10 minutes when Tom Crossland's run into the Silsden box from midfield was found well by his midfield partner Will Kaye. The ball sat up nicely and Crossland did the right thing and tried to loft the ball over the stranded keeper but the connection of the ball was soft and the Silsden keeper picked it out of the air comfortably.

From then on Silsden grabbed hold of the game and there was a few occasions where they should have done better, but a few last-ditch tackles and poor finishing kept the scores level.

In the last 10 minutes of the half Steeton started to get into their stride and thought they had taken the lead when Harry Farnell's shot seemed to come back out off the post. But it hit the wheel of the nets behind the goalline and came back into play.

It was Farnell again in the action when he burst through into the box. He managed to go round the keeper and from a narrow angle failed to hit the target taking us into half time all level.

The second half saw James Cox and Kaisar Ali enter the game and both made an immediate impact.

Cox managed to force his way past the Silsden defender into the box, who pulled him back leaving the referee no choice but to award the penalty.

This was neatly dispatched by Farnell. His second was to follow shortly after when a Steeton throw in on the right was picked up by Ali. He drove into the box past three players and the ball rolled straight into the path of Farnell, who tucked it away into the bottom corner.

The goal of the game followed starting when Crossland was too strong in midfield, winning the ball from two Silsden players he then passed to Ali, who controlled and threaded a beautiful ball inside the Silsden fullback into Farnell's path.

He picked out Dominic Westcott flying in off the left hand side to tap the ball home.

Silsden did get a goal back five minutes s from time with a long ball was sent over the Steeton defence for their striker to run onto. It was a race between striker, defender and the out-coming Steeton keeper Elliot Wilson, the striker won the race managing to get there just before the keeper. He caught the player and the referee had no hesitation in awarding the penalty, fired home by Silsden.