Steeton u18s 8

Nabwood u18s 3

STEETON Under-18s bounced back with a fine performance against bottom side Nabwood who, on latest results, seem to be making it difficult for teams.

From the first whistle Steeton looked in the mood, moving the ball at pace and early on created a chance when Tom Crossland found Kaisar Ali in space on the edge of the box, he attacked the goal taking the ball around the keeper only to be thwarted by the covering defender on the line to stop a fine move.

Steeton’s first goal followed, a quick free-kick by Crossland on the right to Max Pearson who, in turn, crossed early for Harry Farnell, his header found Dominic Westcott coming in off the left to tap the ball home.

Steeton's second followed shortly after, Kaisar Ali won the ball in midfield, drove at the Nabwood defence beating his defender, then picking out Farnell in the box. He set the ball for Tom Crossland to fire the ball home into the bottom corner.

The third goal started in the Steeton box with a Nabwood attack. James Cox got on the ball for Steeton and drove out of defence, passing to to Kaisar Ali. He continued his run up the right-hand side and Ali split the defence to Cox, who found Farnell in the box, he controlled the ball beat his man and fired into the bottom corner.

Steeton's fourth saw Farnell win the ball 20 yards from Nabwood goal. He found Crossland, who went on a driving run at the Nabwood defence and with his left foot fired across goal to find the bottom right-hand corner of the net.

The second half saw Steeton started sloppy allowing Nabwood to gain a goal back, a cross from the left was won in the air by Nabwood's striker, who glanced the ball goalwards finding the right hand corner of the net.

Nabwood scored a second with a fortunate goal, when a crossed ball got deflected off another Nabwood player, finding the corner of the net.

Steeton responded with their fifth goal from a corner. Farnell swung the ball in for Ali to attack and power the header home.

Steeton's sixth followed good play down the left-hand side found Westcott on the edge of the box. His shot come cross found Pearson coming in off the right-hand side, but the keeper made a good save on his effort. Farnell was there to pick up the pieces like all good strikers should and tapped the ball home.

Nabwood got their third goal when a long ball was not dealt with by the Steeton defence, the ball landed nicely for their striker to lob the ball home over Steeton's stranded keeper that took the shine off a good defensive display.

Cox again found Farnell with a lovely through ball he, in turn, rounded the keeper and got his hat-trick.

The best was saved to last though for Steeton, as the ball was moved from defence in to midfield by Tom Ormerod, down the left-hand side that in turn started a series of one and two touch passes involving Ali, Westcott, Farnell, Crossland for Westcott to cross for Pearson coming in from the right to head the ball home at the back post.